Thread: touchpad driver for HP dv6 6024tx

touchpad driver for HP dv6 6024tx

I have bought the HP dv6 6024tx. When I purchased this it was came with windows vista but after using it some days I have changed the Operator system and Installed the Windows 7 in it. After installing the windows 7 I have installed the all the required drivers for laptop. Bur I don’t have touchpad driver for that. That is why I am unable to install those drivers. Now please help me how to fix this problem. Currently my touchpad is not functioning. And I am worried about it. Please help me with it.

Re: touchpad driver for HP dv6 6024tx

I have referred your problem and I suggest you to just download the latest drivers for your laptop and install it. You can download the only touchpad drivers from internet and download it also. Once you will get the drivers just make it sure that your drivers are compatible with your laptop model it means make sure you have downloaded the correct drivers. After that install It and your touchpad will start functioning again. Try this it will make your things work again.

According to your suggestion I have visited the website and searched the drivers for my laptop and I have selected the my laptop model but there was no download option for windows 7 but then also I have downloaded the windows Vista driver to just try it but Vista driver also didn’t work for me after installing that driver in my system when I restart my computer. Now I am only able to operate the touchpad but it is not allowing me for double tapping and scrolling. So there is no use of this driver. Please if you have any more idea then please reply me.

If you are not getting the windows 7 option in the driver list it means they have not updated drivers for windows 7 OS. That is why I suggest you to rather than wasting time behind that I think you should wait till HP update the drivers and till now use windows vista in your laptop. I know it is very frustrating to switching the Operating system frequently. But it is better option than experimenting with laptop which may result in system failure. I hope my information will be helpful for you.

I was also having the same problem with my laptop and I downloaded the Synaptics TouchPad Driver from HP site only and it is working perfectly. So I suggest you to don’t uninstall the windows 7 just continue with it and try this drivers once. Ihave read your post if you can try vista drivers then try this also. I have also installed this drivers in my laptop and it is working perfectly in my laptop, I am not facing any problem with it. So suggest you to don’t waste time in formatting the laptop again and again just download this driver and install it.

I would like to thank you for helping me at right time. Actually after reading those solutions I was suppose to uninstall the windows 7. But then you have posted one more solution and after that I have tried same thing and I have also downloaded the Synaptic Touchpad drivers and installed in my laptop after that my touchpad is working normally and I am not facing any problem. So thank you so much again for your help. You have made my work easy.