Thread: Install wireless drivers in HP Pavilion dm4-1253cl

Install wireless drivers in HP Pavilion dm4-1253cl

Hi I am using Hp pavilion dm4-1253cl. When I purchased it at that time windows vista was installed in that but after using vista for someday I have decided to install windows 7 in my laptop but I have made one mistake before installing the windows 7 in my laptop I have not create the recover DVD. But after installing the windows 7 when I am trying install Intel wireless drivers, WIFI drivers and other. But I am not able to download these drivers. Please help me how to solve this problem.

Re: Install wireless drivers in HP Pavilion dm4-1253cl

Before telling you anything I need to tell you one thing from next time whenever you install any Operator system In your laptop make sure that you create recovery DVD. I you are unable to install the drivers then do one thing just go to HP official site and download the drivers according to your laptop and then try to install that new driver. Now you will able to install the drivers successfully. Try this it will be helpful for you to run your all functions again. Hope this will be helpful for you.

Thank you for your reply. I have downloaded all the new drivers from the website and install all the drivers in my laptop. Now my all the functions are working fine except WIFI. After that I have try to install the wireless drivers once again but I don’t know what went wrong but now I am not able to use the WIFI. Please tell me how I can solve this problem. Please if you have any more idea regarding that then please reply me. I will be thankful to you

Ok that’s nice that your almost all functions are working again but as you have said in your post that you are unable to use WIFI even after trying to reinstall it again. Then I think you have not installed the HP wireless assistant. Just check it with your system that whether it is installed it or not. If it is not there then make sure you install it. Because without that you will not able to use the WIFI in your laptop. After installing that you will easily able to use the WIFi.

I am also using the Hp pavilion dm4-1253cl and I have formatted my laptop because of Viruses but after reinstalling the windows & in that I am not able to play sound and not able to use WIFI in my laptop. Before formatting there was Windows Vista in my laptop but now I have installed windows 7. What should be the problem behind that? Please tell me what should I do to solve this? Is it happening because I have installed windows 7?

I have read your issue. To start the sound and WIFI in your laptop again first insert the driver cd in your laptop. After that select the Sound driver and install it in your laptop and copy the Wireless drivers in your folder. After that go to HP official site from there download the wireless assistant and then install the wireless drivers. After that you will be able to play sound and also you will be able to use the wifi without any problem. I hope this will help you to solve your problem.