Thread: Ethernet Controller driver for Windows XP running Toshiba Satellite A105-S4547 laptop

Ethernet Controller driver for Windows XP running Toshiba Satellite A105-S4547 laptop

Last month I purchased Toshiba Satellite A105-S4547 laptop. By default it was running Windows Vista in it. But I did not like the Vista OS, so I downgraded Vista Home to Windows XP Pro. Now I am unable to find proper drivers for my laptop. The Wi-Fi seems to be working but the RJ45 jack is not at all responding. So I wanted to know where I can find the Ethernet Controller diver for Windows XP running Toshiba Satellite A105-S4547 laptop. Please help me with your valuable suggestions.

Re: Ethernet Controller driver for Windows XP running Toshiba Satellite A105-S4547 laptop

Almost everyone gets drivers CD for their respective hardware products, like the laptop, standalone PC, or printers etc. So I assume that you must have also received your set of Driver’s CD when you had purchased your Toshiba laptop. You can find the drivers CD along with the accessories which were given at the time of purchase. Once you have found that, insert the CD inside the CD/DVD ROM of your laptop. Install the necessary drivers from the CD and once you are done doing so just restart your system. And if possible update your Ethernet Controller’s driver after installing it in your laptop.

Re: Ethernet Controller driver for Windows XP running Toshiba Satellite A105-S4547 laptop

If you did not find any such drivers CD then you have to just contact the person who has sold you the Toshiba Satellite A105-S4547 laptop and claim the driver’s CD for your respective CD from them. If that person is unable to help you then you can contact any nearest Toshiba Store and purchase the necessary driver’s CD from those people. The CD will cost you some more bucks but It will surely solve your problem and you will be able to use the RJ45 jack along with the wi-fi connection.

You can find the whole patch of drivers for your laptop on Internet. I would suggest you to download the driver’s file from Internet; it would be preferable that you download them from the official website of Toshiba, so that you don’t end up downloading some corrupt file from internet. Search for the “Toshiba utilities and drivers” CD and choose the Operating system for which you want the drivers. This Utility CD will have all the drivers; including Motherboard driver, Sound, Graphic, Ethernet controller drivers, that is required for your Toshiba laptop. Download and then install them.

Actually it’s not compulsory to download the drivers in your system and then install them. You can directly install them. You just have to visit the official website of Toshiba laptops and go to the Service and Support link. From there you have to click on the Download Drivers link on the left side of the screen. Now Select the Product from the Product List, Series and Model number of your laptop. Select the Operating System and finally select the driver you wish to install. You can either select the whole set of drivers or any individual drivers.

Wow!! Those replies were so rapid. They were exactly what I was looking for. Now just because of you guys, my Toshiba Satellite A105-S4547 laptop is running better than ever. Now, no more disconnected internet and now more network adapter driver issues. You guys are just amazing, total life saver. I can’t express how thankful I am to you guys. I am seriously looking forward to this forum. I will for sure ask my future problems in this forum, hoping to get replies fast just like I got in this one.

Hi
    I had the same problem. Couldnt install the driver as my installation cd didnt have it. In my case, I borrowed a portable internet usb stick (with its installation cd) and used it to access internet. Here I downloaded "drivermax", a free software which scanned my laptop for missing drivers and downloaded the required drivers to access wifi.