Thread: Error code: 0x800040005 while opening Zune software

Error code: 0x800040005 while opening Zune software

Hello everybody I have bought the new system and under that I have installed the Zune PC software and I have no issue before three months but last night I have small issue on mine Zune PC software. Last night when I tried to open the Zune PC software I have got the following fatal error code: 0x800040005. I have tried to solve this issue but it doesn’t help me to solve mine issue. Please can anyone help on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: Error code: 0x800040005 while opening Zune software

I have faced the same issue on mine system as well and I would like to suggest you to perform the registry cleaner and so that you can solve your issue. According to me you got this error due to the registry key and so therefore I would like to suggest you cleaner. To do this you need to download the rigs try cleaner software. Go to the some official website and after that install the registry cleaner on your system and after that restart your system and then try to open the Zune PC software.

Hello thanks for replying and I would be thankful for your suggestion. As you said that I have download the registry cleaner and after that when I tried to run the file I have got the error message saying that access denied. And after long searching I have found that I have to install it on administrator account. I restart mine system and after that when I tried to install this one on administrator’s account it works but it doesn’t solve mine issue. now I don’t what to do, can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue.

I would like to suggest you to download the Zune PC Client Software Bundle and after that your issue will get solved. To download these make click on here. While hitting on this link you will get the option to save the file and after that saved the file on the desktop. Now once you finish this make double click on the saved file and after that perform this. Now once you finish this restart your system and after that go through your issue.

I have gone through this same issue and I would like to suggest you to uninstall zune software and after that reinstall the zune again. To uninstall zune go to the following steps: first make hit on the start and after that click on the search type appwiz.cpl and then make hit on the ok button. Now you will get the add/remove program and under that make hit on the Zune and after that choose the uninstall. Now once you finish the uninstall and then reinstall the zune freshly and after that go through your issue.