Thread: error 1013 occured while installing iTunes

error 1013 occured while installing iTunes

Hi friends, I was using the itunes that was preinstalled to my iphone. But I am facing a problem with the itunes 4.2.1 version while installing. Whenever I try to install itunes 4.2.1, the installation process is interrupted in the middle stating “1030 error has occurred” and I have to abort the process. I want to use this version but unable to load it to the system. Now I am continuing with the old version. Can anybody tell what I should do.

Re: error 1013 occured while installing iTunes

First of all make sure that your Iphone is registered on a developers account. Is it the latest version that you are trying to install. I think you should try with the iTunes 10.1, and see if it works on your phone. Are you sure that the version you are trying to install is already released. If not sure, then wait for some time until it is released. I can suggest you to get legit 10.2, check for its availability i the Apple website. If you get the error again then try editing the host file and it might solve your problem.

Hey, I was also getting the same error, but after editing the host file the problem was solved. I think the error occurs because the update was not able to upgrade the baseband. The only issue with this error is that, Iphone remains in DFU and this can be easily removed from DFU by using RecBoot. Now I am able to use iTunes 4.2.1 without any problem. It is possible that your host file might have modified and due to this reason you are getting error 1030. Try to edit the host file and then try to install.

Did you use an app like Tiny Umbrella. If you have used it then it might have modified your host file and that is preventing you to install the application. Whenever you perform updation, just remember to move the host file and then put it back when the updation is complete. You can try RecBoot and I believe that it will resolve the problem. The error usually occurs during installation when the data file is corrupted. Just download iOS 4.2.1 in a different computer and then try to update you’re your Iphone from there.

There is the more chances of the host file to get modified which is forcing the error to occur. If you are able to edit the host file then your problem can be solved. To edit your host file just add this 17.112.176.11 gs.apple.com to it. It may be possible that DNS is not getting flushed or cleared. In your web browser just type gs.apple.com and it should be redirected to www.apple.com/404. if the problem still persists, then call the Apple support and they will fix the error. If there is any fault in the hardware of your phone, then they will repair it.

Hey guys thanks a lot for replying me. I have my iPhone registered to the developers account but still I was facing the problem. This worried me a lot. The trick of editing the host file helped me a lot. I realized that the host file was modified and due to this reason I was not able to install iTunes, and every time when I tried I was getting “error 1030”. So I edited the host file by just adding 17.112.176.11 gs.apple.com to it and redirected it to the Apple site. This solved the installation problem. I don’t think that I used Tiny Umbrella but then also the host file got modified. I don’t know how.