Thread: self destructing files from Media Player 11

self destructing files from Media Player 11

I am experiencing a bizarre (new) problem when ripping CDs in Windows Media Player.
    While ripping it all looks like everything is working perfectly. But, if I monitor what's happening in Explorer - the Folder is created -ok, the first 2 songs get ripped - ok, but then as the ripping continues the first 2 songs disappear and the next 2 come in. So it goes on with no more than 2 songs appearing in the folder at a time and at the end there is only 1 song left.

Some of the songs find themselves under the UNKNOWN ARTIST folder and I move them to the correct folder but after rebooting the computer they also seem to self destruct and disappear.

I say "destruct" because they don't "delete" and aren't in the Recycle Bin.

I am running on WindowsXP 5.1 (SR3)
    Media Player 11 with Service Pack 2and3

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Re: self destructing files from Media Player 11

This seems that the Windows media player that you are using in your computer is not installed properly and that is the reason that you are facing that problem. All you can do is just uninstall that from your computer and then install that again. After that reboot your computer and then again try to bury the CD. If you want then you can try to use some other media burning software and see if that is showing you the same thing.