Thread: Embedded Excel 2007 workbook gives error in Word 2007.

Embedded Excel 2007 workbook gives error in Word 2007.

I have windows 7 in my computer and I am using MS Office 2007. I am trying to open word file with embedded excel sheet. But when I try to open it at that time it gives me a error saying that program Is not installed on excel and it says I need to install the program who can edit the object. But excel is already installed in my computer. I am very confused what to do now. If anyone have any idea about that then please tell me what to do to solve this problem.

Re: Embedded Excel 2007 workbook gives error in Word 2007.

I referred your problem and I have one solution for that you can try this
    • First of all you need to right click on the objects .
    • Then you have to click on worksheet object.
    • And after that click on convert , after doing that select the MS excel binary worksheet.
    • And the Click on ok

Once it finishes with converts it to a Binary worksheet, after that you can repeat whole process again.

I am not getting the error message. My workbook is macro enabled however. But when I open it in Word, Excel Opens in the background and after that it is compulsory to select the Macro Warning message before it makes enabled spreadsheet in the word. Try right clicking on an .xlsm file in In Windows Explorer and confirm that it will make default the excel for those files. I hope this will help you to solve tour problem. Please let me know does it make any difference for you or not?

Hey thank you so much now I am not having problems in opening of workbooks which is macro enabled and which are not embedded in word documents but that are embedded ones only. Right now Excel is the default program. And I now I am not able to test new suggested solutions. At the time when I repaired my office installation the embedded worksheet is showing up as a picture in my word document. So I am very happy now and thank you solution provided by you really works for me.

As you said before the problem of object showing like a picture while using a system restore and issue of office repaired. I have solved those issues. Now it is related to specific object. The different version of the same work book which was already embedded When I embed another excel workbook in the document and it was also a macro-enabled. After doing all those thing now I am able to open it without having any problems. Hope this will be helpful to also.

Hey after reading all your solutions I was confused in starting but after I gone through all the post step by step after that I understand the solution and I tried it solve my problem also and I very happy to say that I was not expecting that this trick will work but it really worked in my case. So thank you so much friends for helping me in solving this problem. I really appreciate that you people have spent so much of time behind that for me. Thank you.