Thread: “This installation is forbidden by system policy. contact your system administrator” Error message while installing the Corel Video Studio X3.

“This installation is forbidden by system policy. contact your system administrator” Error message while installing the Corel Video Studio X3.

I am using Windows XP on the system of mine and mine works fine without any problems. Yes I have since tried to install the Corel Video Studio X3. And double-click the file set and after that I accepted the terms and then click the Next button. While doing this I have the error saying "This installation is forbidden by system policy. Please contact your system administrator" and then stopped the installation. Can anyone suggest on this issue.

Re: “This installation is forbidden by system policy. contact your system administrator” Error message while installing the Corel Video Studio X3.

I've been through this same problem and I followed these steps and after that I am able to install the software of mine. To do this, go to the home icon on the desktop and then click Control Panel. Now, under the control panel go to administrative tools and open the Local Security Settings. Now, under the stroke adjustment in software restriction policies, then under the right mouse button on the software restriction policies, and then select the new software restriction policy. Now under the new software restriction policy can double blow to the application and select the users except local administrators. Once you finish this, select the OK button and restart the system and after passing through the problem.

Re: “This installation is forbidden by system policy. contact your system administrator” Error message while installing the Corel Video Studio X3.

In my opinion you need to install the X3 Corel Video Studio in administrator mode and so that you can solve your problem. If you try to install on your account, then you get this issue because I expect the other administrator account does not have sufficient rights. So I'd suggest installing X3 Corel Video Studio administrator. Reboot and now in the sign of the logon page with the administrator and then try to install. Hope this helps.

Hi thanks for answering and would appreciate your suggestions. I've gone through all the steps but we have no solution and I have the same error in the system of the mines. I tried to install on the administrator and I have the similar problem in the same way. I have gone through some threads but I didn’t have any solution. Now I don’t know how to solve this issue. Can anyone suggest on this and so that I can solve mine issue.

I think you should take the following steps, so you can resolve the crisis. To do this, follow these steps. Click the icons on the home desktop and after that choose the control panel. Now, under the control panel go to user account and double click on it. Now, under that make your account access is limited. If your account is limited access and then do as a computer administrator and try installing the software again and this will solve your problem.

After a long search I found this solution. To solve this problem you need to create a file called reset.cmd. To do this, open notepad and after that under the notebook to write the following:
    cd /d "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Resource Kits\Tools"
    subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
    subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
    subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
    subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
    subinacl /subdirectories %windir%*.* /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
    secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose
    Once the save as reset.cmd and then execute this file to the administrator account or account administrator rights. Hope this helps.

I've been through this same problem and I would recommend the following steps to resolve the problem. Go to the start icon and after making a career in the run. Now, under that type: Regedit and then click the OK button. Now on the log list go to this location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Installer. Now, here is the Creation: DisableMSI text and make the type REG_DWORD and set this value to 0. When done this select the OK button and then close the log window. Now reboot and try to install.