Thread: Error: “Microsoft office live add-in sign-in has encountered a problem and needs to close”

Error: “Microsoft office live add-in sign-in has encountered a problem and needs to close”

I occasionally acquire this message: "Microsoft office live add-in sign-in has encountered a problem and needs to close" - I am with the newest edition of explorer, cleaned out the registry but after that also it gives me the same message. I am not able to understand that what is going on? Along the similar lines, while I go to Windows Live ID wherever I have saved the password and attempt to log in, I obtain the error message. Please help me.

Re: Error: “Microsoft office live add-in sign-in has encountered a problem and needs to close”

If you are not using any Add-In for anything then in this case you will be able to simply disable the this add-in. To do that, you will have to just unregister the COM component otherwise you can just rename the main file. Just to this, go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Office Live\OLConnector.dll and then rename that to C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Office Live\OLConnector.dll.old. Once you are done with this then you can reboot the computer and then I don’t think that you will get that issue again.

Re: Error: “Microsoft office live add-in sign-in has encountered a problem and needs to close”

The Office Live Add-In intended for Microsoft Office given the integration point flanked by Microsoft Office XP, 2003, and 2007 as well as Office Live Workspaces. While this add-in was installed you might unswervingly open Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, as well as Microsoft PowerPoint documents as of Office Live Workspaces within Microsoft Office. You might also keep these documents as of Microsoft Office toward Office Live Workspaces.

I do not consider that Microsoft is at rest supporting Office Live Workspaces. Instead, I believe customers for the service were motivated toward the Office Web Apps going on SkyDrive. The Office Web Apps permit online viewing/editing for these documents (SkyDrive supports modifications being prepared through desktop clients. Also the SkyDrive permits for OneNote documents to be saved or loaded that was earlier not probable.

You will require confirming that you have "Show File Extensions" activated. To perform that, you will have to go to some folder and hit Alt (Key) -> Tools (menu) --> Folder Options --> View (tab) --> (deselect) Hide Extensions intended for Known File Types. There is one alternate choice where you will have to just uninstall the Office Live Add-In. You can accomplish that through going to either:

Start --> Control Panel --> Uninstall a program
    Otherwise
    Start --> Settings --> Control Panel --> Add/Remove Programs

Then locate Office Live Add-In Assistant. I do not know that what it will be programmed as. In either case once you discover it within the list, choose it and select uninstall.