Thread: MS Excel is waiting for other application to complete OLE action

MS Excel is waiting for other application to complete OLE action

Hi, I hope someone could help me. I am having the new Acer pc with the Windows 7 operating system installed in it. I am also having the MS office 2007. My problem is that whichever spreadsheet I try to open along with the basic data then I can't shut Excel program devoid of getting error "Microsoft Office Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action", that comes into view repeatedly and not able to solve this. I finally ought to close through task manager.

Re: MS Excel is waiting for other application to complete OLE action

There might be many possible reasons for this and because of this you are facing this problem. Below are some of the possible reasons for this.
    • Corrupted shortcut to the Excel 2007 program
    • Problematic file in the Excel startup folder or in an another startup folder
    • Conflict with another program
    • Corrupted Excel toolbar file (Excel.xlb)
    • Add-in is not valid
    • Registry key is not valid
    • Incorrect version of a core Microsoft Office file

You should keep track of some new software installations or else updates that you accomplished just before you practiced the Excel 2007 startup difficulty. These fresh installations otherwise updates might be unswervingly resolve the problem. If that does not resolve the problem then you must telephone Microsoft Product Support Services and ask the same to them. They will provide you that what is the exact problem with it and how can it be resolved.

If you cannot discover exact information regarding the error message inside the Microsoft comprehension Base afterward troubleshoot Excel 2007 startup difficulty. First of all you will have to believe the scale of the difficulty. Does the difficulty occur while you establish Excel 2007 through clicking a workbook file? Does the difficulty happen while you run Excel as of the Start menu? If the difficulty comes into view just when you open Excel workbook, Check the added troubleshooting part. Or else, look for the "Create a new shortcut to Excel 2007" section.

You should verify that whether the Excel is accessible within Safe mode. If the Excel is in progress within Safe mode. If the Excel is not getting opened within Safe mode, you be able to contact support (http://support.microsoft.com/contactus). They are the people who can tell you that what the exact problem is and how can it be resolved. Just go to the instructions given by them and I am quite sure that this will resolve the problem.