Thread: How to integrate Silverlight 4.0 in Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server 2007

How to integrate Silverlight 4.0 in Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server 2007

I assume that you all have familiar with the Microsoft Office sharepoint server 2007 (also called as MOSS 2007). MOSS is a Microsoft proprietary program invention developed on the ASP.NET framework. SharePoint Server functions through Microsoft IIS web server to create sites proposed for association, file sharing, web based databases, social networking as well as web publishing. Now my question is, is it probable for us to integrate Silverlight 4.0 through that MOSS? If it is possible, how we can do it and what are the requirements for this process?

Re: How to integrate Silverlight 4.0 in Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server 2007

Regardless of earlier versions, through Silverlight 3 you should not change ANYTHING to the web.config of your Microsoft SharePoint web application resting on the server. You simply have to arrange the web.config intended for Framework 3.5 except this can effortlessly idly be completed via Visual Studio 2008. Now you have 2 choices:
    • You are traditional and install the Silverlight 3 SDK alongside by means of the Silverlight 2 SDK. In that case you can carry on utilizing the SilverlightControl, still through Silverlight 3 apps.
    • You are progressive and get rid of the Silverlight 2 SDK and furthermore install the Silverlight 3 SDK. Then you should modify your code.

I have simply been working in the midst of Silverlight 4 on SharePoint 2010 except I cannot notice a trouble through utilizing it on SharePoint 2007. All you require is an object tag that your webpart produces and inside that it points the XAP file. The XAP file you can position toward a sub directory of /_layouts. The barely problem while is that you must update the XAP file within the WSP package for exploitation every time you modify somewhat inside the silverlight app. This is not essential while utilizing SharePoint 2010/Visual Studio 2010 where you can comprise the development output from the Silverlight project toward a WSP pack up.

You need to download an article from the Microsoft MSDN library which defines how to generate an extremely easy Microsoft Silverlight Web Part within ASP.NET that hosts a canvas (XAML), which can contain procedures mapped toward ECMAScript (JScript, JavaScript). We can build up the Silverlight Web Part by use of Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. The Silverlight Web Part makes use of Microsoft Silverlight simply on the client area, and is depended on the Microsoft Silverlight 1.0 Runtime. You can afterward utilize the Silverlight Web Part inside Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 as well as Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 to show a canvas (XAML).

I' must made xap file which is utilizing Ria, to function within sharepoint (while totaled to library). There are 2 resolution meant for that, which are coming into my mind:
    • Within silverlight app (xap file) connect to Ria services which are on the further site (I'm not definite it's achievable)
    • Build Ria services work beneath sharepoint, on this identical site. However in my case, I'm employing silverlight 4 which requests .Net 4.0 to create Ria Services job, thus somehow I should compel Sharepoint 2007 to work besides among .net

Sharepoint 2010 essentially doesn’t support .NET 4.0; it works in .NET 3.5 SP1. I believe that the major cause for this option was because of the truth that essentially .NET 4.0 is at rest not RTM'd, except I actually expect that Microsoft is viewing to launch as shortly as promising a product update (perhaps a SP1?) with the intention of to provide the .NET 4.0 support. This is tremendously significant mostly pro the workflow engine. Sharepoint workflows are on the basis of WF 3.5, therefore we don’t have all the compensation of the fresh WF 4.0 engine