Thread: Silverlight Developer Runtime download error:Access Denied

Silverlight Developer Runtime download error:Access Denied

I have been trying to download the silverlight developer runtime in my computer and till now I am unsuccessful to download it any manner. Whenever I try to download the silverlight developer runtime it shows me Access Denied and You don't have privileges to access server. No matter what browser I use it always showing me the same error message by following a link of download. How it could be possible? Why I cannot download silver developer runtime for my computer?

Re: Silverlight Developer Runtime download error:Access Denied

If you have already enabled the automatic updates option to Silverlight , in that case you may face this problem if you try to download and update the edition of Silverlight toward the most up-to-date version. Currently while you will begin your Silverlight application it will criticize to you that it can’t launch debugging since a corresponding edition of Silverlight Developer Runtime is not installed.

As far as I know that there are 2 versions of the Silverlight runtime which you can download in your computer. They are end user runtime as well as the developer runtime, which consist of supervised debugging module that permits developers to debug their Silverlight apps or programs. Silverlight lately unconfined an update on Microsoft Update in order to the runtime to support aspects you’ll observe on top of the web broadcast of the Winter Olympic Games. Updates were launched for together the end user as well as developer runtimes.

Following advance examine I establish that the Silverlight 3 toolkit designed for Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and Silverlight 4 toolkit intended for Visual Studio 2010 are in clash through each other. Following installing the Silverlight 4 kit I establish that I may perhaps not perform whichever testing in moreover VS 2008 otherwise VS 2010. In mutual cases they account that the incorrect edition of the toolkit was installed. Unluckily this has completely screwed the pooch. However in your case some older version of silverlight component still exist and due to this it is unable download the new version.

Visual Studio 2010 RC has a somewhat elder discharge of the developer runtime integrated. If merely the end user runtime is installed, for the duration of VS installation, it notices that the managed debugging unit is misplaced and tries to install the developer runtime. On the other hand, since the latest end user runtime is previously installed, installation is unsuccessful. However the unsuccessful of download is another matter. It seems to be like your system is not compatible with the silverlight.

Before downloading the silverlight developer runtime you must have to make sure that whether the system or the developer tool is compatible for that version of silverlight. If it not compatible with then you cannot able to download in any manner. While you try to download the developer runtime file, the webpage will examine the system compatibility first. After that it will proceed to downloading.