Thread: Internet Explorer fails to recognize installed Silverlight

Internet Explorer fails to recognize installed Silverlight

I usually visit sites those makes use of a Silverlight, similar to Microsoft which own Silverlight test page otherwise netflix. However in my situation the Internet explorer forever prompts me to install Silverlight. When I try to install from the prompt, the install not succeeds and shows error code. While I go after the error link, it says that I have to uninstall Silverlight, and offers me a link. Whilst I click on top of the link, it again shows me that 'install silverlight' page. Therefore I uninstalled Silverlight by the use of Control Panel and tried to re-install it once again. The installation was successful. When I try to use it, it again shows me the same prompt. What is the problem with this thing? I am using a new Asus laptop running Windows 7.

Re: Internet Explorer fails to recognize installed Silverlight

It seems to me that your internet explorer is not recognizing the Plug-ins or add-ons properly and sue to this it is not recognizing the silverlight as well. First of you need to manage plug-ins or add-ons properly. First of all make sure that you have enabled the silverlight in your browser. You might have installed the silverlight properly but in order to Internet Explorer recognize the silverlight you must enable it. It might be been disabled by default.

Ensure that you are running a Silverlight-companionable Windows operating system as well as browser and that you have uninstalled whichever preceding edition of Silverlight. The browser will ask you to moreover run otherwise save the installation file (Silverlight.exe). Click on top of the Run option in order to begin the download. While the download is completed, the browser asks you yet again to run the installer. Now again click on top of the Run to begin the installation. Note that you should have enough administrative rights to install Silverlight.

If you have installed the Windows Vista operating system, you will be encouraged for safety permissions. To carry on, you should have to agree. After this click 'Install now' following reviewing the authorization agreement as well as privacy declaration. If you have installed a preceding edition of Silverlight, otherwise are using Mozilla Firefox, you will have to restart the browser. You can currently make use of Silverlight.

You may attempt registering the subsequent DLL file, situated within C:\Program
    Files\Microsoft Silverlight\npctrl.dll. After this you have to click on Start > Run and enter the following commands: regsvr32 npctrl.dll. Afterward ensure that the "AgControl Class" ActiveX Control is enabled inside the Browser beneath Manage Add-ons option. Now the browser might be recognizing the silverlight properly.

First of all tell me what version of Internet explorer you are using? As you know that there is a new version of Internet explorer available to download. You might need to check on that. However tell me what version of silverlight you are trying install in your Internet Explorer. The new Internet Explorer 9 is fully compatible with silverlight 4. If you are getting problem with this version then there is a new version called silverlight 5 beta. You can check that also.