Thread: Silverlight 4 on Internet Explorer 9 RTM not working

Silverlight 4 on Internet Explorer 9 RTM not working

It has been a week since I have installed the Internet Explorer 9 RTM in my computer. It was working fine and it is still working very well. However I lately installed the silverlight 4 in my computer which is offered by the Microsoft. Now it seems to me that the RTM has broken my silverlight. I don’t know how it was happened. The thing is the sliverlight 4 is not working with my Internet Explorer 9 RTM. What should I need to do for this? When will be the silverlight update going to release?

Re: Silverlight 4 on Internet Explorer 9 RTM not working

A small number of months before Microsoft made the statement that they are "repurposing" Silverlight from a universal web technology in support of HTML5. They have gone into reverse a bit from this announcement and have prepared declarations akin to Silverlight has several "sweet spots" in procession of business (LOB) applications. Microsoft does a extremely deprived work of describing these cute spots and what they are.

Silverlight being a web browser plug-in provides a few actually pleasant exploitation as well as integration abilities; one of them being SharePoint along with web parts. This permits you to organize Silverlight applications to obtainable tradition portals, SharePoint 2003-2010 servers or additional web part architecture sites through slight/no extra code. In my estimation this makes the Silverlight structural design extremely attractive for intranet line of company applications.

Silverlight 5 puts in important new aspects and abilities, and permits developers to produce finest media experiences and bring wealthy apps crossways browsers. Out of browser apps can at this moment generate and administer child windows. Trusted out of browser apps can currently as well make use of P/Invoke abilities to identify unmanaged libraries as well as Win32 APIs. Improved group policy support permits ventures to mutually lock down and launch security sandbox abilities of Silverlight 5 apps. Currently there is beta version of silverlight 5 available. I think that you should check it out.

Silverlight 5 is a media plugin intended for Internet browsers akin to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome which permits the web developers to facilitate wealthy media experience on their websites for example audio plus video playback otherwise tiny animations, wording prosperity aspects, and so on. You will be capable to watch videos on whichever additional site by the use of silverlight 5 if that website has executed silverlight for streaming videos to the users. There are with reference to 40 innovative features in next edition of Silverlight

From the time when Silverlight 5 is capable to access the GPU otherwise the graphics card on a client PC, it will be trouble-free for an application developer to make use of silverlight 5 to make a 3D application by the use of 3D API of Silverlight 5. Microsoft has allowed hardware acceleration within Silverlight 5 still in windowless form on condition that you are utilizing Internet Explorer adaptation 9. What windowless form denotes is that it will turn into the content quicker and there is less possibility of freezing up the computer.