Thread: Error:"File not indexed, cannot import" while indexing on Windows Movie Maker

Error:"File not indexed, cannot import" while indexing on Windows Movie Maker

I installed Windows XP on my system and I also with Windows Movie Maker. Last night a friend of mine sent me a video in the drop box and after that I downloaded to my videos. After that I tried to import this video in my collection and so you can edit the video. While I import I get this error: "File not indexed, you cannot import" and import was stopped. I've tried a lot of time to import but I get the same message every time. The wmv video is mine. Can anyone suggest to respect and to be able to resolve the problem of mines.

Re: Error:"File not indexed, cannot import" while indexing on Windows Movie Maker

I'd suggest downloading the factory format from here. and after that once you have completed the download and then save it to your desktop. After that extract on the desktop. Now right click on the FFSetup260.exe and then click Setup. After installing the FFSetup260 now open the Windows Movie Maker and then go to option and after that select the output folder and after doing a coup in the application and then click OK. Now, once you have completed this process now restart the system and then go through your problem.

Re: Error:"File not indexed, cannot import" while indexing on Windows Movie Maker

I've been through this same problem and I would advise following suggestion and that may solve your problem. To do this, follow these steps: first open the Windows Movie Maker and then drag and drop the downloaded video into the main screen of the movie maker and then you receive the option of all wmv and then make hit the ok. Now, once you complete these steps now go to the top and then make a hit on the toolbar. And now here you can edit the video. I hope this will help a lot to solve the problem.

I think you need to download the Windows encoder so that you can solve your problem. Go to any official website and then attempts to download and save the Windows encoder software on the desktop. Once you finish downloading and installing the download. After install is open the video in the software and then the video is saved as the index. Now open the new movie maker and then go through the problem. I hope this will help a lot to solve the problem.

I have gone through similar matter in the system of the mines. I converted the files of mp4, wmv video converter winx to be able to bring in into Windows Movie Maker, and now for a few of the files that do not import, for the reason that it says the file is not indexed and not can be imported?? Why some high-quality and others can not? What does it mean for the file to be indexed anyway? Can anyone solve this problem and can solve the problem of mines. Please help me out of this.