Thread: Does VLC have a Resume feature?

Does VLC have a Resume feature?

Guys I just have a small query which I would like to confirm it with you all. I want to know whether there is any resume feature available in vlc so that whenever I am watching any movie and if I decide to close it, with the resume feature I would be able to switch back to the frame from where I had stopped it. As of now I have not heard of such feature in the vlc media player but I want to know if there is any such feature available? So what do you all think about it, if there is then do reply. I am waiting for your suggestions.

Re: Does VLC have a Resume feature?

No currently as such no9 feature has been implemented in the vlc media player. Yes there are many media players who have had this feature from a long time but such feature has not yet been added to the vlc. So this is the answer to your question what you were looking for. As such I don’t know in which version of the vlc will these feature be implemented in the particular vlc media player. So let’s wait and watch if these feature does gets added or not. In case you have any other query regarding this topic then please do confirm it here only.

Hey such feature can be found in the media player classic. If you are looking for such feature in the other media players then it is found in the media player classic. So you can check out that media player as well. Well I totally agree with the above user that the resume feature is not yet available in the vlc media player. As such I don’t know the time till which it will get released in the vlc. So that’s my suggestion if you want to see the resume feature then better switch to the media player classic it will definitely be of great help for you.

Hey guys there is one good news for you. In fact there is a method in which you will be able to see the video back from where you had stopped but for that you must remember the time of the video from where you had stopped. So how to do that method let’s have a close look at the method
    1 In the playback menu, go to the last option, where you will get to see the Jump To Specific Time
    2 now a go to Time dialog box will appear from there you will have to set the time of the video from where you have to resume.
    3 now on setting that time you will get to see the video being played from that particular time only.
    So here’s a small suggestion for you all. Do have a look at it and I am sure it will be of some help for you.

Ok, that was the answer for when I am watching videos in it and from there if I want to switch back to a particular scene then I must try out this option. This option will not work if I want to watch any movie and after some time I decide that I want to switch it off then again I decide to switch it on. I will not be able to resume it back again. Anyways it was nice effort from your side. Nice to see some good response being generated.