Thread: unable to play movie trailers in quicktime7,gives divx prompt?

unable to play movie trailers in quicktime7,gives divx prompt?

Hi friends. Greetings to all. I am stuck up in an issue. Help would be appreciated. When I am watching movie trailers on the apple website, it only shows me audios and no videos. Also, it says something as divx buffering graphic and I get this hint in a separate Divx Plus Web Player pop up window which explains that downloading hasn’t completed and thus cannot play further. Also, its shoking that after getting such a prompt, the audio keeps continuing but not the video. Please help. I am using 13 base model macbook pro.

Re: unable to play movie trailers in quicktime7,gives divx prompt?

Hi. I am hoping that all your software’s are updated as per the recent updates. Also, why don’t you give a try to remove all the divx files and then again download and install the divx files.. That can help if your luck permits. I would also recommend you that you can play the videos in firefox. Also, you can remove safari and then download and install it. Also, confirm it that quick time is up to date. I know this wasn’t the exact solution as per your query but these things may be causing problems and sometimes just checking such minor things can resolve the worry .

Hi. I would imply you that you should go to the help menu by opening safari and then have a check on what plug ins are installed. That will help you. To get rid of other issues, you can try to test along with another user account. Do make one if necessary. Also, I would like to bring to your notice that not any of the apple trailers make use of divX. Then you should do away with the plug ins folder and then one more time test it.

Hi dude. How much I know, as you are having worries with trailers on the apple website then should confirm your quick time 7 player settings inside the system preferences. There , under streaming, you should go for automatic, then facilitate instant on and then play on that moment itself to check it out . Inside advanced option , you will have to select settings and be guaranteed that both the kinds of streaming are allowed. I hope my post helps.

Hi. I have a solution for the above what you have asked. Follow what I mention now and things will be fine for you and the issue will be resolved .You will first have to open up safari preferences and then open extensions pane. Then just check out whether divx extensions are there, if yes then you will have to uninstall them . I would like to tell you that divx extensions won’t be there if you delete all the divx file and spotlight search will come with nothing.

Hi. I would like to bring to the notice to those people who use snow leopard. These people make sure that you are making use of quick time 7 and not quick time 10 as snow leopard do not have the option of system preference pane. Also, multipurpose internet mail settings options aren’t provided. Streaming settings are also absent. You can install quick time 7 from the snow leopard dvd options, else in case you have installed then it will be present in the applications folder.