Thread: MP4 videos does not syncronize with sound while playing in iTunes

MP4 videos does not syncronize with sound while playing in iTunes

I recently noticed that the MP4 videos that I play in the iTunes, for some strange reason, does not sync with the sound gets played. I saw while playing mp4 videos in my iTunes library I have about 150-200ms of video delay. What I want to say is that the video frame comes 150-200ms after the sound frame.And the thing is that I have checked playing same content with other players like the Windows Media Player, Media Player Classic and VLC will play fine the video.So can you tell me what the reason is for this problem.

re: MP4 videos does not syncronize with sound while playing in iTunes

I just had a look at the question that you have posted and would say that this is a kind of problem that is faced by many people not only use iTunes but with other media players as we. What I have noticed is that it just keeps on videos where we have fast actions and rapid scene changes.So with this the thing is that we can hardly be noticed. May be you need to check the Quicktime configuration somewhere, to have it avoid the delay.I hope that after using this solution you will be able to fix the issue immediately.

Even I was facing from a similar kind of issue with the iTunes and would say that you need to make some changes in the settings and then all will be fine with you. What you need to do is that you need to change the delay value set up for the audio stream in mp4 container. Then you need to extract the streams followed by the process of merging and then again with another tool and same audio delay, will works fine.I am sure that once you will use this solution then all will be fine with you immediately.

I think that whatever is being provided is absolutely fine and it I also feel that it would be the delay option that is not correctly inserted into mp4 container. Also there must be a possibility that the windows filter must have not correctly handled. Also there must be the problem that you might not be knowing which of the two apply.But whatever it may be it explain why some mp4 were off sync, and some not.

Yes this is what you need to do to fix the issue that you were facing. I am saying you to this because I solved the problem adding white space to the audio stream and that too they were of same length of delay, then setup delay to zero. I think that the extraction and encoding on win platform uses some tools to stream extraction, audacity for white space.So this is what I feel about this and this is how you need to go ahead with it.

I just want to know that how did you find the delay value which was set up for the audio stream but you didn’t recognize it before. I would say you that I have been working on the edit list entry in my MP4 files but the issue is that I am having a problem that is related to something else so I'm just thinking that this is the solution that you need to follow to fix the issue that you are facing right now. Also is your solution is based on finding the required delay value from somewhere else in the MP4 container.