Thread: How to do a rotate and crop in QuickTime Pro

How to do a rotate and crop in QuickTime Pro

I wrongly took videos in portrait mode. My fault being that I thought it would be simple to fix that, but, currently I purchased QuickTime Pro and I get a rotation, but as I have 15:8 unique, I truly require to crop to get the essential parts larger. But, how can such an easy thing be so elusive? Any assist (as well with other free tools) appreciated. I am utilizing the result in iMovie6. And there's one more laugh, while I just trade in the rotated movie, it stretches it like in one of those funny mirrors.

Re: How to do a rotate and crop in QuickTime Pro

If you hope to pre-crop photos for external exercise, the usual approach is to utilize your photo management function (e.g., iPhoto or opening) to accomplish this as it keeps the unique photo when allowing you crop the viewing part for display or utilize in external applications. QuickTime 7 Pro does not have a "Crop" alternative. It does have a masking alternative which achieves the similar results but is fairly more concerned than a simple crop option.

This is usual. The movie dimensions are fixed according to project form and pictures are mechanically scaled to fill the project window. If you hope the photos to keep a smaller size and/or form within the project window, then utilize a graphic application similar to Photoshop to place your cropped photo where you wish it displayed on a translucent or colored background having the size and facet ratio of your iMovie project. Like this, the background "fits" the project window and maintains the smaller photo from being re-scaled.

For videos, I would either utilize MPEG Streamclip to both crop and scale content in a solitary export act. If you do not hope to re-squeeze the video, then you would make a "mask" the size and form of the area you hope to keep and import/place it where wanted using QT 7 Pro. When the display window will stay square or rectangular, the masked part can be of any form if you are creating a few sort of unique Picture-within-a-picture effects. Anyhow, later than the basic mask has been applied, the ensuing video content can be re-scaled to fit your iMovie '06 project facet ratio. Be counsel that scaling has no result on scaling in iMovie '08/'09'11 as they utilize the presence or short of the anamorphic flag to conclude how the content is scaled to the project aspect ratio.

Conversion is a have to with MPEG Streamclip as the individual or joint crop, rotate, and/or scale actions cannot be useful to the "Save As" alternative. I wish you examine the user’s guide concerning cropping because MPEG Streamclip has 2 cropping choices. In the first, it crops the content and after that exports what is left to the aim dimensions fewer the cropped part. In the second, it crops the exported content and scales it to in shape the aim dimensions. This can occasionally be puzzling for fresh users and/or make distortion.

DV tends to be a deprived export option where source cropping is concerned as it will at all times export the content to a 720x480 (NTSC) or 720x576 (PAL) encoding matrix no stuff what you perform and utilize a flag to set display for 4:3 or 16:9 display. An improved alternative here would be the AIC (Apple Intermediate Codec) which lets the user to encode with a one-to-one relationship between the encoding matrix and the exhibit matrix this avoiding the troubles of DV and MPEG-2 encode "standards."