Thread: How to fix Error code 2104 in SilverLight.

How to fix Error code 2104 in SilverLight.

Hello everyone, I was doing some R&D on SilverLight Application, at that I don’t know what I have done with it, it suddenly showing me following error on startup of application:
    • Error name:- Unhandled Error in Silver light Application
    • Error Code: 2104
    • Error Category: InitializeError
    • Error Message: Could not download the Silver light application. Check web server settings

I tried to uninstall and again install Visual Studio 2010 and also SilverLight toolkit quite few times but still not able to solve it. any help please? Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to fix Error code 2104 in SilverLight.

Hello, I have done research on the error which you are getting on startup of SilverLight. This kind of error might occur due to missing of some of the MIME file types. I am giving you the list of some of the MIME file just find those file on official website of SilverLight, download those file and fix your problem. The list is below:
    • xaml application/xaml+xml
    • .xap application/x-silverlight-app
    • .xbap application/x-ms-xbap

I think these files will solve your problem. All the best!! Do reply if your problem gets solved.

Hey friend, I just wanted to add some more information to above post. The hash character is significant in a URL. It marks the start of a bookmark string, if you include it into URL, it will not interpreted and browser will not find anything. You need to add the application to the web list of application. You just need to change web properties; the bottom tab is SilverLight Application. Select that and on selecting you will find empty list, after that hit add button, it will ask you to add existing SilverLight project in the solution and you can pick the project form from combobox. After that you need to do is Click Enable.net service then leave Destination folder set to Client bin and click add button. Above method will help you to fix your problem. I think this will be more than enough for you. So try it and all the best.

Hey thanks a lot to you all to do reply to above post and giving so precious solution. After reading your posts and continuous search operation, I finally got the perfect solution to solve this problem. I just added the MIME types for .xap and .xaml, this file extension must added to individual website instead of just URL. When I tried this method I got through to my problem. But I have discovered a new problem. So guys just don’t worry and do more and more Research you can. No problem Is big here, every problem have solution and method. So all the best and enjoy the technology.

Hello friend, the above post is right, as following the above post I have done more and more research and I got through to the problem but while doing this I am stuck into the new trouble over here. As I put text file into the Client Bin folder and browsed using IE8 and IIS. After doing these it seems like that my e-mail alert started to stop working after the experiment. But I know will solve the problem. There many solution available here.