Thread: Silverlight installation error 1603

Silverlight installation error 1603

I have attempted to install Silverlight and continually getting this error Message ID: 16. I don't know if that makes dissimilarity 03. I have completed uninstall and clean up and at a standstill it won’t work. I have Microsoft windows 7. I don't know if that makes a difference or not. Can someone please tell me how to make this thing work? Because I really not understood why this is happening and how to solve this annoying issue. So please if anyone here fined any solution for this than, please provide me.

re: Silverlight installation error 1603

While I attempted installing Silverlight 4 and came across the 1603 error several times, I establish the install log below the Vista, C:\Users\accountname\AppData\Local\Temp\ directory. Ahead reviewing the file, I establish the error was because of an access deprived of error on the HKLM\Software\Mozilla\Firefox\Extensions key. I have McAfee Enterprise 8.70i setup on a safe down Vista PC and I went about in circles attempting to install Silverlight_tools 4. Turns out I had to depart to Start- All Programs- McAfee, right-click on Virus Scan Console, and after that run as administrator.

Had the similar trouble, though, this is how I set it. Unlock regedit and steer to
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Feature Control\FEATURE_ENABLE_SCRIPT
    It will declare you do not have rights, so right click and put in yourself will complete control. Silverlight should setup now, as a minimum it did for me. I establish this out by running the Silverlight installer after that doubling the extracted files and unlocking the silverlight.7z file. Run the installer in there, its 30 Megs. This setup is like a standard windows XP installer and while it got to 99% it popped up with the message which it could not edit that key, in its place of the general 1603 junk. Wish this works for someone else who has this trouble.

I had the similar trouble but establish the solution on my own. I am utilizing Windows 7 64 bit. What I establish out that there was an authorization trouble with my system. I had not distorted anything, but it looks that Windows didn't resembling my settings. To correct the trouble here is what I did. I am assuming you have little information of how to utilize Windows, so forgive me if this is a bit in short. Just remove the earlier version of your Silverlight if you install and just download the fresh copy of it from the Microsoft site, where you get the proper and well-matched version of Silverlight.

I have been on several such sites and not any of the answers for installing Silverlight (SL4) worked. Few months before I attempted to install it but unsuccessful, I didn't actually care since SL4 wasn't essential for me, but at present it was vital that it be installed since I necessitate it for my business. I installed SL4 with no trouble below my XP system so I knew there was a bit incorrect with my Windows 7 x 64 installations. I had installed SL3 before so I was sure it must be a few left-over junk that wouldn't uninstall. That program you stated did the trick. I establish and removed each file I needed to, SL4 installed just well.

Re: Silverlight installation error 1603

Too bad Microsoft does a pitiable job while it comes to uninstalling their own applications but luckily there are people like you serving the rest of us out. There's not anything more annoying while attempting lots of dissimilar solutions over a extensive period of time, just to get that similar 'installation failed' message at the end. Obviously I am elated that it lastly worked. I would recommend that people just try to remove the SL3 files first using the whole thing, in its place of fixing permissions because it might not be essential.