Thread: How to install SilverLight 5 beta and SilverLight 4 on same Computer

How to install SilverLight 5 beta and SilverLight 4 on same Computer

Hello everyone, I am having some problem on my system. I am writing here just because I know that my problem or confusion is going to solve over here. I am very fond of experimenting different things on computer system, I have tried to install recently released SilverLight 5 beta version and SilverLight 4, but I am not able to have these both at the same time on same computer system. so can anyone tell me that is that possible to do this kind of thing? If yes then please tell me the steps and methods of it. I am waiting for your reply. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to install SilverLight 5 beta and SilverLight 4 on same Computer

Hey, it’s good to do experiments, because it always increase your knowledge from others. Well looking at above case if you will do the proper installation method, I think you will be able to do the installation of both application on same system. I also like to do experiments; you won’t believe that I have bought on PC for experiments only. In that I have installed SilverLight4 assemblies (toolkit) in a SilverLight 5. So according to me you must check on official website, there must be other way to do it. Try it. All the Best!

Hello friends, I thing every single person in this forum are quite scientist kinds of person. Even I have done the same thing on my System. When I tried to install SilverLight 4 assemblies and SilverLight 5, I got success in it but it is giving me compile error when try to run the project. So can anyone tell now what to do for this matter? I thing I must try with Beta version to full version, so it my advice to all my friends, if you want to try this use genuine full version application. All the Best! Enjoy the technology.

Hello friends, I would like to share my experience with you all on this particular topic. Before a week I tried to install SilverLight 4 assemblies’ toolkit on SilverLight 5. I got success in it, previously it was beta so it was giving me error, then I thought to convert from Beta version to Full version. I did that also then too it was not working, problem is same compile error. Then I did one idea and it worked for me, when you want this kind of stuff on your PC then always start with lower version. I mean, first install SilverLight4 assemblies and then install SilverLight 5 full version. Yes it will work. Just try it and do reply to me that it is working of not. All the Best!!!