Thread: What is the correct way to organize SL App and SQL Database

What is the correct way to organize SL App and SQL Database

I have been stressed with the application deployment SL for above a week. Somebody said it's as simple as copying the xap file and make similar folder arrangement on the server, but may not be the case for me. In VS2010, I can select make deployment package or publication. If it is "publish", then what should I choose to implement Web, FTP, and File System. In my situation, the server is inside my network. I tried to use "file system", but after I saw the publication ASPNETDB App_Data folder. So although this is the reason "for not loading 'GetUser" refers to the remote server returned an error: Not Found "Then I took a copy of the DM and dragged App_Data on the server, but the effect was the similar. Incidentally, I distorted the connection strings to point to the server, but that was over with the same result as well. Please someone help me for this.

Re: What is the correct way to organize SL App and SQL Database

While writing a venture level application it’s grave to have a version number. Whether it’s situated on the help screen or in correct mode, this will save you so much sorrow during QA. The bigger the project, the needier your team is on the version. Now that I am all completed ranting to the converted, let’s talk regarding Silverlight. From my past experience there are two ways to grip versioning:
    1. Make an inattentive file that encloses your version number, or
    2. Utilize the Assembly version.

So you have been playing about with Silverlight and WCF RIA Services and you are prepared to deploy. You have been living in your content Visual Studio environment, possibly even relying on the fixed web server to provide your pages/XAP to experiment. All has been fine, you have completed your testing and you are prepared to publish to your server. You compile one final time and after that right-click in Visual Studio on the web project and click Publish. You shove to your IIS endpoint or through FTP and the files deploy.

Here I also wish to add somethi9ng in this case. Lots of people have difficulty deploying Silverlight Business Applications to IIS. They experienced the whole thing below Visual Studio. But one time they deploy the app to IIS, the application stops functioning. Either Silverlight can't connect to the service any longer, or there are database connection associated errors. If you are at a standstill having problem, then my simply suggestion is to make a Silverlight Business Application in Visual Studio (VS).

You may at a standstill hit the page in the browser cache. Clear the cache in browser or exchange a browser (exchange to internet explorer if you are utilizing Firefox) to attempt it. I can't believe this takes so lengthy. If you obtain "not capable to connect error", that has not anything to do the RIA or Silverlight deployment. Your Web application is not set up correct. Is the IIS even running? Attempt to Restart IIS. If you at a standstill can't get it to work, discover somebody who is more experienced in setting up IIS application to assist you.

Just establish something new. I distorted the access right of Visual Studio 2010 to everybody has full control and I am able to achieve to log in screen without crash. I attempted to log in and it driven me password error (possibly I forgot). So I attempted to register a novel user and it crashed with the message "unsuccessful to update database "C:\users\admin\documents\visual studio2010\projects\ App_Data\aspnetdb.mdf" because the catalog is read-only. Yet I have previously granted complete control to everybody.