Thread: SilverLight unable to load, though the installation is proper

SilverLight unable to load, though the installation is proper

Hello everyone, is anyone there who can help to fix my issue? My problem is, I have some projects to do with SilverLight, but whenever I tried to open SilverLight, it gets stuck and unable to load. I tried using uninstall and reinstall but it is not working. The installation goes proper and no problem within it, after reboot when I try to open SilverLight, it always show unable to load. SilverLight application remains blank with white box. When I did some research I got that my SilverLight Version is 4.6.60129.0. I have also tried to work with older version but the problem is same. I tried it with IE6, Firefox, and Chrome, but SilverLight is unable to load. So please help me with this problem. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: SilverLight unable to load, though the installation is proper

Hey I have seen your post, don’t worry it happens in several PCs, I have seen the same problem on many machine. Instead of using IE6 you just check with IE8 and see the same problem occurs or not. And also check for some Windows error, if it is there repair the XP and again check same error comes or not. Because sometimes due to Windows error, error occurs on application. If still your problem is not getting solved then try to do some changes in Default Browser setting for security, firewall setting, and also check for Virus, it may cause due to virus. I think above steps will be enough for you to solve your problem. All the Best!!!

Hello friends, looking at above post I can say that these steps will be more than enough to solve this kind of problems. If still anyone is not able to solve the problem then I one solution for them, I think it will be helpful for them to solve the problem. Follow below steps:
    • Uninstall SilverLight and after reboot, reinstall the SilverLight.
    • Go to run command, type regedit and go to registry editor.
    • Find for HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT then go to Installer /Products / D7314F9862C648A4DB8BE2A5B47BE100
    • Delete above files from registry editor
    • Again download last version and install manually on machine.

This fresh installation on machine will solve your problem.

Hey friend, I am having the same problem, and I followed all the above steps but I am not able to fix my problem. I deleted the entire related file from registry editor and then checked SilverLight still appears installed on machine. There is no Microsoft SilverLight in ADD/REMOVE program, and then too it shows installed on machine. I also tried to follow path :\Program Files\MS Silverligt\sllauncher.exe, but still it is not working, when I tried to download new version and try to install it, it shows that you have already installed the same application. So finally I think I will have to format Windows and again install it. So let see after this I will put comment about it. All the best!!