Thread: How to use 64-bit development box

How to use 64-bit development box

Hello everyone, I am facing some problem in installation of ASPNETDB. My development box is 64-bit machine, when I checked it, I found that there are 2 different folders, one is Framework64 and other is Microsoft.net folder. So I am able to get that in which folder I should get Aspnet_ReqSql.exe to run? And one more thing if I am use 64-bit machine to crate SilverLight application, would there bea problem to run the application of 32-bit machine? I am not able to do anything, please help me to get out of this? Thanks a lot in advance!!

Re: How to use 64-bit development box

Hey, I have read your problem; I have one solution for you. Actually the problem is 64-bit machine. According to me there must be 64-bit version of aspnet_regsql.exe on 64-bit operating system. When you install 32-bit software on 64-bit operating system, it will never ever work for you. Or else convert your OS to 32-bit, because 32-bit machines won’t have any problem with SilverLight Application. There is only 32-bit version of SilverLight plug-in is available in market. So it will be better if you start to work with 32-bit operating system. Try this I think you will solve your problem. All the Best!!!

Hey I have read above all post, and I am feeling very sorry to tell you that I am not completely agreed with above solution. If you don’t want to change your OS from 64-bit to 32-bit, then you can try to install SolverLight5 on machine. I know that when you use 64-bit machine you can’t actually find proper software application for your machine. But as per my knowledge SilverLight 5 doesn’t have any issue with 32-bit or 64-bit, it smoothly run on every system. Try this method if still you don’t find it on your way then you can try above method. All the best!!!

Hey thanks for your replies man, actually after reading above posts, I tried using SilverLight 5, and I am glad to inform you that I found my browsing in 64-bit very enjoyable, even flash is working properly now. I thought that now I am having SilverLight so it will be very for me to stay on 64-bit, but no I was wrong. When I tried 32-bit plug-in on 64-bit browser, it is not running quite good. Still in many cases I found that 64-bit not running 32-bit application. I finally have decided to go with 32-bit OS in my machine and I hope that I will fix my problem now. Thanks a lot to you all for kind support.