Thread: Best text editing Software.

Best text editing Software.

Hi I have just started with programming. I have come to know that there are various text editors as well as full-on programming text editors available. So I would like to know more about such editors which will be increasing my skills and helping me in future. Does anyone know which Text editors are available which can help me develop my programming skills? And where can I find them? If anyone has got any information about this matter then please help me. You suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Best text editing Software.

There are lots of text editors currently available. The two which I are are;
    EditPad Lite is a compact and basic text editor, but it offers you with more functionality than estimated. The program is provided with tabbed interface which makes it easier for the user to switch between different open files and overlap the application window above other windows.
    Some other useful features include block functions, unlimited file size, unlimited undo and redo functionality, even after you save the file as long as it stays open. On the down side, the spell checker is not included in the free version.
    Notepad + + is one of the most popular and widely used text editor. It is loaded with features to make the programming done by user more creative, including syntax and brace highlighting for many languages, search and replace with regular expressions, macro recording, and reproduction.
    It can be configured through plug-ins, and is provided with ample range of themes and gives you multi-language support.

You can also try these few editors. Search for them on Internet and read more and more reviews about them. And then download them if you find it convenient according to your requirements.
    • Komodo Edit
    • Aptana Studio
    • NetBeans IDE
    • Bluefish
    • The CoffeeCup Free HTML editor
    • HTML-Kit
    • Eclipse
    • SeaMonkey
    • Alleycode
    • Amaya

If you are a Mac user then you can try these Text editors;
    • TextWrangler is a free version of BBEdit
    • TextMate is a highly regarded editor
    • BBEdit is one of the leading text editors for the Mac
    • SubEthaEdit is a powerful and lean text editor, reasonably priced, and offers unique collaboration features.
    • Carbon Emacs Package is a Mac-friendly distribution of the GNU Emacs text editor
    • skEdit is good if you are working with remote files or storing snippets
    • Smultron is a Leopard-centric text editor
    • WriteRoom gives you little advanced functionality but has got a simple interface

• ATPad is editing software which allows the user to work with multiple files. This multiple files are opened in tile or cascade windows. All the basic features like Find/replace, word wrapping etc are included. You don’t have to install this software. Just download the file from Internet, extract the Zip file and execute the .exe file. The only draw-back is that it does not come with the spell checker.
    • PSPad is a programming editor that supports the feature to highlight the bracket and syntax for most programming languages. It is embedded with a hex editing tool, FTP client, macro recorder and other basic features. It has a built-in spell checker but you need to download the dictionary for the same separately. You should unzip the dictionary and save it in the “.\PSPad\Spell\”

These are the best text editors I have knowing in Linux:
    All purpose editor:
    • Vi / Vim Editor
    • Emacs
    • XEmacs
    • Emacs Editor

Graphical Editors:
    • Cream
    • Kate
    • Scribes
    • TEA
    • gEdit Editor
    • gVim Editor : it is the graphical version of the Vi/Vim Editor.

Console Editors:
    • Nano Editor
    • Diakonos
    • jed

HTML Editors:
    • Bluefish
    • KompoZer
    • Quanta Plus
    • Screem

Source Code Editors
    • Geany
    • SciTe
    • jEdit

Joss Elsdon Guest

This unique technology slowly gains popularity as Text Editing Software easily transforms our writing better, accurate, and effective. Advanced NLP (Natural Language Processing) solutions save us precious time that we usually spend on proofreading and editing our emails, documents and other writing assignments. In the next few years we can expect this program to further develop itself, for a single reason: writing is among the most significant tools that help us with almost any aspect in life.