Thread: Need 64 bit driver and Desktop Manager Software for Mac

Need 64 bit driver and Desktop Manager Software for Mac

I am presently running 10.6.5 in 64 bit because a few applications and particular hardware I utilize in order to do my work need to have OS running with Kernel in 64 bit form, or else I can’t get my work completed. I am conscious of the "32 bit boot mode workaround" but I consider it useless and a valid hassle to reboot in that mode just to be able to sync or update my Smartphone while my functioning situation is 64 bit. I don't mean to be impolite or upset anyone, It is just that I would be pleased to see that I could utilize, sync and update my phones simply and devoid of it being a load, We all know Desktop Manager and drivers are working well and without a trouble for 64 bit Windows users, I hope we 64 bit Snow Leo users could have the similar fortune soon. Thanks a lot in advance for any output.

Re: Need 64 bit driver and Desktop Manager Software for Mac

Here I just wish to add something in this case. I have the same opinion. It is about time this trouble-free problem be fixed. I can simply go to an iPhone or Android phone without these problems. I am weary of not hearing from blackberry regarding this problem other than a workaround. Decided 64bit computers aren't extremely mainstream at the moment but it is changing quickly and the installed base is mounting.

Do you apprehend that this is a problem that should have been determined by now? More and more users are getting let down by lack of interest, on providing a genuine solution, have you observed recently how more and more users have been experiencing this 64 bit compatibility problem? All new Macs are 64 bit activated by default. You can't just force hundreds or 1000's of Mac and blackberry users to alter their systems to 32 bit just because you are voracious and don't want to have to appoint a pair more developers / programmers to make support for 64 bit arch. That's the impression we, as a minimum or I am getting from you.

I have had Blackberry's as the month they came out. I have been a Blackberry user for an extensive time. I have just acquired a new Torch and a novel Mac Book Pro running 64 bit. While my IT guy gave me the "begin it 32 bit" work around, I think that is quite silly. Certainly, it’s not just this problem, I have now as well establish because of a problem with Apple Sync that Blackberry wont completely sync with the most recent version of Outlook on Mac. It apparently sync's ok with Mail, Address Book and Calendar, but not Outlook.

I agree, in this tech-savvy world it is remarkable Blackberry doesn't have a team complicated sufficient to discover a fast and easy solution and appear with a software program which works for Mac. 64 bit is just the beginning, as novel and faster chips come out the iPod will continue to date and unluckily for us devoted Blackberry users we will be left in the dust. This truly is an unbearable solution and Blackberry users with a Mac- a sizeable market- will just be left to solutions excluding owning a Blackberry.

My friend certainly it is not the just problem, but the sync with outlook, is the deprived development of their most recent version of outlook for Mac platform, they know that many sync features are missing but they have not completed anything as of at present to fix that trouble, just as RIM has not completed anything for their blackberry users to maintain, fix and progress 64bit Intel Mac compatibility. "Occasionally one has to shake the ground to notice if somebody reacts".