Thread: Cannot change active device PIN on Blackberry Desktop Manager

Cannot change active device PIN on Blackberry Desktop Manager

I have been using a Blackberry 8110 and along with this I was using the blackberry desktop manager in order to sync data with it. Later this phone has malfunctioned and for that I sold it. Now I have purchased a new one and installed the latest 4.7 desktop Manager Software. The manager will not distinguish my new phone since it keeps looking for the older phone PIN. How can I input my new gadget PIN #? It is even not asking me to put in a new PIN and I can't come across a method to switch it. Please help me.

Re: Cannot change active device PIN on Blackberry Desktop Manager

Why do you consider Desktop Manager is looking for the older gadget PIN? It must observe the new blackberry just very well, I utilize dissimilar gadgets connected to my computer continually exclusive of any problem, and there is nowhere in Desktop Manager to allocate a PIN. If you have completed so, by the side of your shipper BIS site, you have to make use of the CHANGE PIN utility to shift the service from your older blackberry toward the new one.

I have this similar problem, the older device (7520) is vanished, and the desktop manager still notices it like the "active device". My latest device (8130) connected, the manager notices it, and except prompts me each time I plug in that to switch the PIN. After that have to physically carry out the sync, it won't begin the sync automatically. I did not have the older device on hand to make use of the "switch device" wizard. So it seems to me like the problem for all otherwise it might be bug in the blackberry desktop manager which is not fixed yet.

Do you encompass the little checkmark beneath Synchronize Automatically selection? If so, in that case set off to the following directory and remove or erase the stuffing of the Intellisync folder. This will clean the synchronize configuration you have for each and every one of devices setup within Desktop Manager. You can afterward configure it again and check it.
    • Windows Vista Location: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry
    • Windows XP Location: C:\Documents and Settings\ Administrator Local Settings\Research In Motion\BlackBerry

Together locations are hidden therefore ensure to have Explorer enabled show Hidden Files as well as Folders.

There must be option to change the PIN of your blackberry device in the desktop manager. The blackberry must have put in an option to change that. This kind of issue must not occur in the Desktop manager. Sometime the software automatically assigns and syncs the new device PIN but sometime you have to put it just once. If it is still not achieved then you might need to carry out a clean uninstall of desktop manager by removing all its saved files and temporary files. Then re-install that new version again.

This issue should not occur with blackberry. However it seems to me that the problem is due the model of device you have used. At the first you have used one model blackberry device. After that you have again bought the same model of blackberry but with different PIN. Here the problem is the Desktop manager is recognizing that you are still using the same phone. It doesn’t know that you have bought a new phone. So due to this it is still asking the older PIN. Please connect the different model of blackberry. It might change the PIN. After that again connect your new blackberry device