Thread: Doesn’t get permission to download OCX

Doesn’t get permission to download OCX

Few days back I upgraded to Vista Home Premium 64 bit due and this was done due to some reason. Now I am planning to download Geo vision ActiveX controls but when I try I get a message saying no Windows Permissions to Download ICX. I am logged into the only account configured on this machine and it has IE8 installed.Please do help me on this issue as I am getting worrying on this. I am waiting for the solutions so do reply immediately.

Re: Doesn’t get permission to download OCX

I just had a look at the question that you have put up and would say that if it is a 32bit control then you just need to ensure that you are using the 32bit version of Internet Explorer also. And this is something that is very important and you need to remember this very well. Also you can be sure by going to Start and the open the drive windows is installed on C followed by program files as well as the Internet Explorer. So this is what you need to do to solve the issue that you are facing.

I guess that if you trust the software that you have then install them and you can try running it as an administrator temporarily for the install. Then just right click on Internet Explorer and choose the option Run as Administrator. If you don’t have the option you can browse directly to it (see above) and right click the iexplore.exe file and choose Run as Administrator.So this is what you need to do to solve the issue that you are using and then you can get away with the problem.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have provided to me.I just went through then and I feel that it will be more than handy if I try to use them .I haven’t used them up till now as I just had a glance through them but I have the confidence that they will work for me.Also if the solution do actually work out then I will definitely let you know.But still if there are few solution other that these then please reply.So I would thank you for the solution that you all have provided as it has removed my confusion a lot.