Thread: Installing win defender says remove Microsoft client protection

Installing win defender says remove Microsoft client protection

Hi everyone, Yesterday, I was just trying to install the win defender. Installation was on its progress but suddenly it aborts the installation process and shows me the message which says “Remove the Microsoft client protection”. There were no other details on that message box but only a OK button. I pressed that button and the box get disappear from desktop. I tried to install that again but all the times, it shows me the same thing. Please tell me that what should I do to resolve the problem? Thank you!!!

Re: Installing win defender says remove Microsoft client protection

Do you have some security program installed in your computer? I am asking this to you because it looks like that you are having the Microsoft Live OneCare from the Microsoft Security Essentials. If that is the case then I would like to tell you that both of them will not allow you to install the Windows Defender on your computer. This is because they are already having the antispyware components. I hope that this will help you to know the reason for this.

I think that if you are having the Microsoft Security Essentials already installed in your computer then there is no need to install any other security software in your computer. The only thing that you need to keep in your mind that you will need to keep on updating the Microsoft Security Essentials time to time. If you do that then you system will be completely secure and that will be able to detect recently programmed as well as recently discovered malware infections. Other than this installing two security software at the same time on your computer also leads to slow down the processing speed of the computer.

Disable all the security software that are there on your computer if you have any before installing the win defender and then try to install that. If that is able to install that then it is Ok but if you found that it is not able to install then you can also try to install that in safe mode. Restart your computer and keep on pressing the F8 key till is shows you the choice of mode to boot. Select Safe Mode and press enter. After logging into the safe mode, you can install that in your computer. Once you are completed with the installation then you can restart the computer and again boot in normal Windows Mode.

What is the version of the win defender that you are trying to install in your computer? If you are trying to install some earlier version then the latest one then also it might show you the issues like this. So search for the latest version of this and install that to your computer. I have seen some of the cases like this where installing the latest version solves the issue and I wish that it will do the same for you.