Thread: Automatic zoom in/out in Windows Applications

Automatic zoom in/out in Windows Applications

If I open any of the application like MS Word, Internet Explorer, Notepad, WordPad, MS Paint and other then I found that the font size on then get zoom in and out automatically. It is not fixed to any specific application. It is same for all the application. If I close the application and open that again then it stops that for few minutes but after that it started doing that again. This is very strange issue as I have not seen this before. It will be really a great help for me if you people can provide me some resolution for this issue. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: Automatic zoom in/out in Windows Applications

This looks like that the problem is related with the operating system that you are having installed in your system and so it is showing that issue. If this issue continues then you can try to repair your operating system to see if that can resolve the issue. All you can do is to just insert the Bootable OS CD in your optical drive and then boot from that CD. When it asks you for the type of the installation then you will have to select the option as “Repair”. Normally, you will have to press the “R” key for that. Now it will do the rest of the thing without your interpretation. Once it is completed with the process then your PC will be rebooted and the system may start working fine again.

It might be the issue with the hardware attached in your computer. Especially the reason might be the keyboard. It might be giving the keystroke signal on itself and that is making that font size to change. If you want to confirm that then just remove the keyboard from your computer and see if it is showing you the same result? If it is not showing you the issue again then it will make sure that the problem is with the keyboard and you need to change that.

Keyboard can be the reason for the issue but there is also possibility that mouse is causing that effect. You might needs to be replaced otherwise you might be unintentionally pressing down on Scroll button at the same time as scrolling. As you also know that pressing and scrolling the mouse wheel changes the font size. Normally people think that the problem is with the Os or any software that is causing the issue but hardware can also be considered as one of the strong reason for that.

Virus can also be the reason for the issue that you are facing at the time. Do you have some antivirus program installed in your computer? If not then my recommendation to you is to install a good one in your computer and the very first thing that you need to do after this is to update the virus definition. Once you are done with the update then scan the whole system with that and if you found any of the file that is infected then clean it. If it is not able to clean the file then you can delete that but make sure that it is not the system file.

If the problem is not repeated, then it probably is not software. software problems tend to occur regularly. Hardware problems tend to occur more irregular. Since the problem has not recurred, no sense worrying about it. However, unless you live in the back of beyond with no mail service, you can buy a basic USB for only $ 4.00. A basic decent Logitech mouse (I like Logitech mice and keyboards better) sells for around $ 11.00. Never hurts to have an additional basis mouse around.