Thread: Wmv video is not indexed on the Windows Movie Maker

Wmv video is not indexed on the Windows Movie Maker

I have installed the windows XP on mine system and I have also using the windows movie maker. Last night one of mine friend sends me a video on Drop box and after that I have downloaded to my videos. After that I have tried to import this video on my collection and so that I can edit on the video. While I am importing I get this error:” File not indexed, cannot import” and the importing was stopped. I have tried lots of time to import but I get this same message every time. Mine video is wmv file and mine friend system is installed the windows vista. Can anyone suggest on this and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: Wmv video is not indexed on the Windows Movie Maker

I would like to suggest you to download the format factory from here and after that once you complete the download and then save it on the desktop. After that make right click on the downloaded folder and then extract on the desktop. Now make right click on the FFSetup260.exe and then click on the install. After installing the FFSetup260 now open the windows movie maker and then go to the option and after that select the output folder and after that make hit on the apply and then ok. Now once you complete this process now restart your system and then go through your issue.

I have gone through this same issue and I would like to advise you following suggestion and so that you can solve your issue. To do this follow the steps below: first open the windows movie maker and then drag and drop the downloaded video on the main screen of the movie maker and after that you will get the option of all wmv and then make hit on the ok. Now once you complete these steps now go to the start and then make hit on the toolbar. And now here you can edit your video. I hope this will help you lot to solve your issue.

I would advise the following steps. Open the windows media player and then drag and drop video and after that go to the library. Now on the library that file name, along with selected properties of the file are displayed in the central area of the library panel - one of the categories of property files is "protected" - there will be a Yes in this column for any file that is protected copy. If you click on the file name and select "Properties" from the popup menu will open a window with more details on the file to include licensing information for that file. I hope this will help you.

I think you need to download the windows encoder and so that you can solve your issue. Go to the some official website and then try to download and save the windows encoder software on the desktop. Once you complete the download and then install the download file. After installing this one now open the video on this software and then it will save the video as index. Now open the movie maker again and then go through your issue. I hope this will help you lot to solve your issue.

I have faced same issue on mine system. I converted files from mp4 to wmv using winx video converter in order to be able to import them into windows movie maker, and now for some of the files it won't import them because it says the file is not indexed and cannot be imported??? Why are some of them OK and some not OK? What does it mean for the file to be indexed anyway? Can anyone solve this issue and so that I can solve mine issue. Please help me out from this.