Thread: How to turn off the auto focus from Lifecam cinema

How to turn off the auto focus from Lifecam cinema

I have downloaded the newest software designed for windows 7 64 bit that came on the CD at the time I bought it. This does looks to be further up to date as compared to what is accessible on the Microsoft website. Looking on further sites many people are saying that I have to go to properties and settings. I don’t have this choice on Lifecam software; therefore can any person assist since I am searching the autofocus irritating though a very excellent picture.

Re: How to turn off the auto focus from Lifecam cinema

You have not mentioned that what is the version of the lifecam software that you are using. In my case, I am having the version 3.21.263.0. If you want to disable the auto focus then you will have to click on the blue arrow button that is there on right side of window and click the little gear which is at the top. Now you will have to deselect the truecolor box then a properties button must come into view. Once you click it, select the camera control tab and deselect box which says auto on focus section. I hope that this will help you.

Hey thank you very much for such a quick reply on this. I did the same and it did its work. I have disables the auto focus from Lifecam cinema. So I solved the issues in just a single post. Thank you once again for your reply. I hope that this thread will help other users also who are searching for the same thing. I recommend you all to do the same and I can give guarantee that this will do the same for you as I have already tried it.

Friends, I have tried the same on my Lifecam cinema but that was not able to resolve the problem. I am still stuck with the same problem. It's particularly irritating that you cannot have right of entry to these settings if the cam is by now in use. So, if I not remember to turn off autofocus earlier, I ought to stop what I am doing this first then switch it off. The control software intended for one more major webcam brand does not possess this restriction. Please provide me some other alternative solution.

I also know the same solution that is posted on first reply. But if you are not able to do that from the mentioned solution then you might be having some major issue with your Lifecam cinema. Anyway, you can visit this link and you will get all the troubleshooting information over there for Lifecam cinema. I hope that you will resolve the issue with the help of this link. Please post the exact solution if you find it over there.