Thread: There are many issue when I am trying to install anythingin Windows

There are many issue when I am trying to install anythingin Windows

This is a issue which I can facing from quiet a long time. I had some files to install and at first I got a error message regarding that. I thought the setup of the file might be corrupted but when again when I got a fresh copy the same error appeared. Later on I was also not able to install Firefox. So that clearly means that there is some kind of issue with the operating system and not the setup file which I had. Those files are fine and work properly in different system. What can I do here to fix the same on my system. Does I will need to format my pc and re-install Windows.

Re: There are many issue when I am trying to install anythingin Windows

It is because of the Windows Installer Engine. If this is corrupted then the installation does not work at all. Sometime it is also disabled due to some settings and that gives out a error on the screen. First check that whether it is working or not. For this click on start > and then click on run. Then in the box type msconfig. In that go for services and look for windows installer. See whether this is working or not. Enable the same and reboot your system once again. Again run the setup and check. Try disabling your antivirus for sometime and check back. could be corrupted, installed incorrectly, or disabled. This may cause installation issues.

Windows Installer is the service in Windows which is responsible for setup of applications. So if that is disabled or corrupted then you face this issue. It is because of installer only. You will need to fix that. There are ample of windows update for that. You can download a fix for the same also. But before that you can try one more thing. It is called as system restore. Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System restore. Click on a old date and restore your system. It will start working.

Sometime the Windows installer service is damaged which cause this issue. You have to get an download for that. You can remove the same from Control panel and then re-install the same after back again. I had provided you a download link below of Windows website. Click on the first link and download it. Do not forget to remove the older one first before running the new setup. This is because some file can cause error on your system. You can also use any other third party installer service for this.
    Windows Installer Download

Here is an easy way to re-install the same in quick steps. First click on start and then click on run. Then type cmd and in that there are some commands that you will need to run. Type CD /location of windows directory\system32 and then hit ok. You will now enter the system32 folder of Windows directory. Then type -r -s-h dllcache and hit enter. After that you will have to type ren msi.dll msi.old and hit entier. Later on if all goes ok then type ren msihnd.dll msihnd.old and hitenter.Exit the command prompt and reboot your system once again.