Thread: Comparing excel substrings columns

Comparing excel substrings columns

Hi. I am new to Computers and giving my level best to learn about it and gather the knowledge. Recently, I have been learning a lot about Microsoft Office. I am doing trial work for my dad on Excel sheet related to his business. In the process, I need to compare two sub strings but I am unable to it being a fresher in such types of work . What is the way to do so. Suggestions please.

Re: Comparing excel substrings columns

Hey dude your question is incomplete, you should have given the example in which comparison is to be done. However, how much I can, I will guide you to make a way for you . Firstly, you need to enter the formula according to your problem where you are stuck up . You can do that by surfing on the web and compare it with your issue . Then go to editing group and then go to fill and finally click down. This will guide you in some way , I guess!!!

The most efficient technique I feel that you can compare the substrings is by using a wild card such as vlook up through the use of internet. . It will tell you about the matches which are probable and the ones which are not. Thus, it will give you the confidence how to move forward. Also, a custom method is can be useful, which will parse the information which is to be found out. Do, check this possibility also.

I agree to one of the replies above. You were needed to be specific by stating which version of Excel you are dealing with . Glancing to that reply is would like to make you clear, that the above reply was specifically for Microsoft Excel 2007, if in any case you are using excel 2003 or any of the previous version then, go to edit, click on Fill and then click down. You will get your desired result which you are looking for .

As you are new to computers I won’t specify you the method which I know as it would confuse you more and put you in more worries. . But as I per my computer knowledege , you would learn about programming languages and then you can resolve the problem by surfing on the internet. But, don’t even dare to look at it for the time being, as it is not the proper time . Thus thought to inform you for the future prospects.