Thread: Why MSE icon missing on desktop

Why MSE icon missing on desktop

I am running Microsoft Security Essentials in Windows Vista Service Pack 1. It gives me an incredible feeling and I'm very happy with its performance. However, the only problem I noticed with Microsoft Security Essentials is that most of the times, twice in a week, my MSE symbol in the system toolbar misplaced. I ensure the settings just to make sure that is not configured to hide from view when it is running. But I'm not thrashing the icon, and Microsoft Security Essentials is operation so far. How I can add the Microsoft Security Essentials symbol to the system toolbar? Is anyone else having this crisis?

Re: Why MSE icon missing on desktop

Do not know why this trouble is occurring or never heard of this issue. It might be because they have never used, but even from its anti-virus ever seen is happening to others. Moreover there is no specific or should I say hard and fast rule, why the icons in the system toolbar do are disappearing. So I think the only solution that can solve your crisis is to start again the computer. If this does not solve the problem then you need to set up what is the crisis.

This usually occurs if the computer has shut down unsafe during their last close. At some point even occurs if the computer remains in hibernation for a longer period and then it automatically stops due to some reason, say lack of power or so. In either case we can see that the icon disappears Microsoft Security Essentials although that was running. So to remedy, just go to Task Manager right tick on the taskbar and choose Taskbar. Go to the Processes tab and MSE, choose from the list. hit it off the End Task button that appears at the bottom of the window. Now restart the implementation of programs in the MSE Home. The icon should appear. Just give it a chance.

First make sure you have removed all other anti-malware applications on your computer. You can also use removal tools the same if you are unsure. Did you recently update Flash? I could have installed Norton Security Scanner on your computer with your question. Make sure it is not the case, but if you withdraw from your computer immediately. Uninstall or disable Windows Defender from your computer. Make sure you have the latest patches and service packs installed on your computer. Also verify that your computer's clock is set correctly. Do you have Windows Firewall running? If not, then do it and put it to default. Go to Internet Explorer and restart all security zones to default level. MSE is used to some extent. Now restart the computer.

I would suggest the following suggestion and that can solve your problem
    • Make hit on the start icon and after that go on the run and beneath run services.msc and then push Enter.
    • Beneath the Windows service make hit on the automatic update and then tick Start.
    • At this moment, later than upgrading, next start again your system later than your trouble resolve.
    • I hope this will help you lot to solve your issue.