Thread: I am not able to scan and getting error code 0X80070715

I am not able to scan and getting error code 0X80070715

I cannot open the page of essential safeguards to scan, view the history or the setting, or do anything else. Every time I try to open it by clicking the icon on the desktop of an alert box appears with the error code 0X80070715 tells me to reinstall Security Essentials. The slight green icon by the white mark has moved out from the status bar. I cannot reinstall with a new configuration application because the current security fundamentals cannot be removed in the Control Panel. Is my system damaged, or what? Or is the problem with Security Essentials, yes? Is there a tool available to remove essential safety so you can re-install?

Re: I am not able to scan and getting error code 0X80070715

I'm not quite sure with all these technical things, but did some digging in Administrative Tools -> Services control panel. I found the "Automatic Updates" service meeting in a "start" position. I right tick on it and start or end if not a choice as I was trying to start. I right tick on it, click properties and in the window that come out, change "Startup type" from automatic to manual. I restarted my PC and when I came to Windows I went back to Administrative Tools -> Services control panel. Then you right click "Automatic Updates" and hit it off Startup. The process started and now I'm sitting on the Windows Update page in Internet Explorer. Hopefully this helps someone or someone in the future. I spent about two hours on the issue and after doing this could very well get to Windows Update.

I would like to suggest you the following suggestion and so that you can solve your issue.
    • Go to the start and then go to the run and under the run type services.msc and then hit the enter.
    • Now under the service windows go to the automatic update and then hit the start. If you can’t start then again make hit on the restart.
    • Now once you complete the update and then restart your system and after that your issue will get solved.

I would like to advise you to Troubleshoot Microsoft Update (MU) errors and so that you can solve your issue. To do these follow the steps below:
    1. First you need to trouble virus and spyware definitions, to do that open the virus and spyware definitions and then go to the update tab and under that make hit on the update.
    2. Now once you complete the update, open the Microsoft Security Essentials and then go to the help menu and under that make hit on the Upgrade Microsoft Security Essentials.
    3. Once you have done all this. Now go through your issue. I hope this help you lot.

I would like to suggest you to perform the system restore a so that you can solve your issue. To perform these follow the steps below: go to the start icon on the desktop and then make hit on the search. Now under the search type system restore and then hit the ok button. Under the result you will get the system restore application and then make hit on that. Now under this application enter the date before the issue encountered and after that make hit on the next. Now once you complete the putting data now make system restore and then restart your system. And after that your issue will get solved.