Thread: Unable to upgrade Microsoft Security Essentials from Beta to Latest version

Unable to upgrade Microsoft Security Essentials from Beta to Latest version

I am using the windows vista on mine system and I have installed the Microsoft security essentials and everything on the system works perfectly and I don’t have any issue. I have tried to update mine Microsoft security essentials to latest version and to do this I have download the latest version and then I tried to do the update I doesn’t helped. Now I don’t know how to update the Microsoft security essentials. Can anyone suggest on this and so that I can solve mine issue. Now I am using the Microsoft security essentials beta version.

Re: Unable to upgrade Microsoft Security Essentials from Beta to Latest version

I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To perform this follow below: first open the Microsoft Security Essentials and then go to the help and under that select the About Microsoft Security Essentials. Now you will get the all information and under that you will get the different version of Microsoft Security Essentials. And then make sure you have known the latest version. Now on the Microsoft Security Essentials go to the home tab and under that make choose on the Upgrade Microsoft Security Essentials on the help. Now go to the Upgrade Microsoft Security Essentials website and then download the latest version.

I have tried to essential security update but not updated. But it ended with a failed upgrade "of Windows and update security essentials Microsoft does not work. 80072EFE error code...” Now I cannot visit the sites of Microsoft, this has been blocked. I have full scan of my system, but I had a single virus. I have AVG, NOD32 East, malware bytes, Antispyware PC Tools, Sunbelt Software Viper. Can anyone help on this topic and so that I can solve mine issue.

In my opinion it is necessary to check the system software. First verify Internet connectivity. Because all antivirus are the automatic installation, therefore, is necessary to check the Internet connection. While you go to update Microsoft security essentials you need to remain the all other third party software have to be disabled. While you install the Microsoft security essentials, make certain you've disabled your all other antivirus. And, lastly, that hope that you contain the new Intelligent Transfer Service in the surroundings. If you do not have any of these just install this and continue to upgrade. I hope this will help more.

I have the same problem on my system as well. I had a lot of antivirus on my system. As my experience I'd suggest you need to keep the only antivirus. Due to most antivirus and creates a lot of problems because you need to update every day. So I advise you to keep only one antivirus. And continue to maintain and update every day, this will improve system security. I think this will help a lot.

I would like to suggest you the following suggestion and so that you can solve your issue. To do these follow the steps below. Go to start and then go to the search and under the search type Regedit and then hit the ok button. Now on the search result make right click on the Regedit.exe and then select the run as administrator. Here go to this folder: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Microsoft Security Essentials. And under the Microsoft Security Essentials folder select the Microsoft Security Essentials and then select the delete. Now once you complete this close this and try to update your Microsoft Security Essentials.