Thread: unable to install WMP on windows 7, Error:"Windows Media Player is not installed properly."

unable to install WMP on windows 7, Error:"Windows Media Player is not installed properly."

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium x64. Some time ago my Windows Media Player went to one side of me and stops working. I ongoing to acquire a message box say "Windows Media Player is not installed properly and have to be reinstalled. Do you want to install the player from the Microsoft Web site?" Clicking the "Yes" button takes me to a MS website that gives the useless message apologizing profusely for his singular lack of help and cheerfully suggested I look for an update. Digging into several records with the Event Viewer do not show me anything. So now I'm screwed. So how do a repair installation of WMP 12, can anyone suggest on this and so that I can solve miner issue.

re: unable to install WMP on windows 7, Error:"Windows Media Player is not installed properly."

I would like to suggest you to make the system restore and so that you can solve your issue. To do these follow the steps below. First go to the start and after that make hit on the all program and then on the accessories and after that go to the system tool. Now under the system tool select the system restore and then enter the sufficient data after that and then make hit on the system restore. Now once you complete the system restore restart your system and then go through your installation. I hope this could help you lot.

re: unable to install WMP on windows 7, Error:"Windows Media Player is not installed properly."

I'd suggest that you make the system file checker. To do this, follow these steps: Go to Start, then snap on the program and choose all the accessories and after making a strike in the command prompt. Now, beneath the command prompt type the following and push Enter.
    sfc /scannow
    Now when you finish this command reboot your system and then check out your issue.

I would like to suggest you to download the validate tool for WMP. To download this goes through following link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...c-a6cef9b414c4 now on this make hit on the continue a then again click on the continue. Now you get the option to save the file and then save it on your desktop. Once you complete the download now install it on your system and then go through your issue. I hope this will help you lot to solve your issue.

I have faced this same issue and I have followed the below steps to resolve mine issue. To do this follow the steps below: first unlock the start symbol on the desktop and then go to the run and beneath the run type cmd and then hit the ok button. Now under the command prompt write the following and then hit the enter after every command:
    UNREGMP2.EXE /UPDATEWMPVERSION
    UNREGMP2.EXE /UPDATEWMP
    EXIT
    Now restart your system and then check out your issue