Thread: Audio CD ripping hangs windows 7 system

Audio CD ripping hangs windows 7 system

Hi, I am using EAC “Exact Audio copy” to rip the Cd. I am having windows7 operating system. When I installed the Exact Audio copy software in my computer and ripped an audio Cd for the first time it worked fine. There was no problem, but when I went to Rip another Cd after some time ripping stopped at 70%.I thought system must be slow so I waited. But after some time when I tried to stop ripping I found that the system is hanged and the program is not responding. Can anybody please tell me what the problem is.

Re: Audio CD ripping hangs windows 7 system

Its strange that for the first time when you ripped the audio Cd using EAC in window 7 it worked fine but second time it freezes your computer. There can be two reasons for this. Either Window7 is not supporting the EAC software or you might have made some changes in EAC Exact Audio Copy. Computer also freezes when you have installed a new software which is preventing window7 to run normally. There might be the some malicious program in your system so I suggest you to run disk scan using your antivirus and eliminate if any such program found.

I think there is a problem with your EAC exact audio copy that you are using to rip Cd. Did you download it from internet or you bought the genuine copy. If you have downloaded it then there must a virus issue with the software. If not then make sure that you have not made any changes in the configuration of EAC. Check that if you have deleted the temporary directory from the EAC options. If you have made any such changes then restore it back to its previous configuration.

I think you should restart your computer and before continuing with your work perform antivirus scan and scan each and every disk in your system. If everything is OK then open the EAC.here go to option and change the temp folder to an existing folder. For example if I want to create such folder then I set it to: \Users\*username*\Desktop\EAC. This will help you and you can continue ripping your Audio Cd.If it does not work then uninstall the EAC software and again reinstall it.

In EAC software the way it access directories it seems to be partially incompatible with Window 7.
    The solution is you need to go through every dialog in the program that call for a path and modify it by typing in a correct path. “you can put “my documents” folder for extraction directory and the Lame folder +executable for compression section. You should not use “browse” or click it otherwise the program will crash immediately. Set EAC option as EAC options/Directories/"Use This Directory" to usable directory. Otherwise the EAC will crash when it tries to extract data.