Thread: File conversion message with Microsoft Outlook 2003

File conversion message with Microsoft Outlook 2003

Now I am using windows 7 and I have installed Microsoft Outlook 2003 for my e-mail. I cannot able to see any e-mail which comes as a Microsoft Word document. When I try to open any attachment then it shows a massage to me and it says "File Conversion" choose the encoding that builds your text readable. I am try something but not working. I never see this kind of massage before that’s why I am enabling to solve this problem. If anyone has any kind of experience regarding this kind of error then please help me. Each suggestion will valuable.

Re: File conversion message with Microsoft Outlook 2003

Ok, I had the similar kind of difficulty nearly five month ago, so I think I can solve your problem. You have to follow instruction which is given below. My computer was trying to open the PDF's file among somewhat other than Reader,almost certainly word.
    • So, you have to modify the settings. In Windows 7, for that you have to enter in “Default Programs” through the start button from your keyboard or it is on your desktop.
    • And then try to find for pdf, and associate it among Reader. Then try again to see your document. I did it and now everything working fine for me.

It is possible that the person who sent you this word document he have used Microsoft office 2007 or above. Because of this it shows error on your Microsoft outlook 2003. You are using old version and if person send any document through any above version then your old version not support. The best thing is that you have to upgrade the version. I hope this will able to solve your problem. Try it ones if it will solve your problem then it is better.

Users have determined they can exist with the message of conversion of files to appear when Spanish characters in the mail merge data file, since it does not occur too often. If users make a decision that I have to solve this, then I'll switch to the approval of the merge data into an Excel XLS file instead of text. The message file conversion is not show at what time the mail combine data file is an Excel XLS file and my program knows how to fix data in an Excel XLS file. Possibly have to attach the link and the call SQLStatement parms macro MailMerge. I hope this information will help you.

I had seen this kind of problem with my friend and I think I can solve your problem. You need to follow the following instruction.
    • First you have to Press on the Office Button and after that choose Word Options.
    • And then go into the Advanced and scroll down to the common segment of the small check box and then put uncheck for "verify file set-up conversion on open"
    or you can search this kind of problem on google.

I would like to suggest you that as this communicates to simply one file, that file has turn into corrupted - probably because of a failed save - if possible re-open a backup copy and receive it from there, or try file, open then tick the arrow to the right of open and use the alternatives here to get better text from every file (or revamp if it is there). Lastly, if it helps, you could send me the document on the same forum and I am happy to try to solve it.