Thread: Cannot launch Adobe Acrobat 8.1.2

Cannot launch Adobe Acrobat 8.1.2

Friends, I have recently upgraded to Acrobat 8.1.2 on my computer. My computer is running the Windows XP on it. My problem is that whenever I try to launch the Acrobat. It just shows me the message which says “Cannot launch Acrobat”. I am not able to understand that what the problem with this is and how can it solved. I have already tried all the things for this but all that was just waste of time. So if you have any idea or any suggestion for this then please let me know about that. I will be really thankful for all the replies.

Re: Cannot launch Adobe Acrobat 8.1.2

I have one solution for you and you can try this. See if you are able to solve this problem or not. So here it goes, first of all, click on the Start button and then select run. In the run box just copy and paste “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Setup Files\{AC76BA86-7AD7-5464-3428-800000000003” without quotes (“”) and press enter button. When you do that then you will see an icon then just right click on that and select repair. Once that is completed with the process then try to launch it again and see what happens after that.

I think that the installation of that in your computer might be corrupted and that is the reason that you are getting the problem like this. My suggestion to you is to uninstall that from your computer and install that again. This will create all the new files for it and as a result, it can solve the problem as well. I am saying you to do that because I have seen many of the cases like this where uninstalling and installing the Adobe Acrobat solves the problem and so I hope that this will do the same for you.

Thanks for such a quick reply on this. Actually I forget to tell that I have already tried to uninstall that from my computer but whenever to try to do that then it shows me the message which says “Cannot find source file”. I tried to do that many of the times but all the times it comes up with the same message. I think that some of the files of it is missing from my system folder and that is the main reason behind this problem. Please tell me that how can I uninstall that.

If you are not able to install that in normal Windows mode then you can try to do that from safe mode. To enter in safe mode, just reboot your computer and when it is loading the operating system to the computer then you will have to keep on pressing the F8 key. As you do that then you will see a screen with one of the options as “Safe mode”. Just select that and press enter. This will start the computer in safe mode. Now try to uninstall that. There are more chances that this time it will be uninstalled without any problem.

Rosendo2 Guest

idea Re: Cannot launch Adobe Acrobat 8.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Rainer View Post
    Friends, I have recently upgraded to Acrobat 8.1.2 on my computer. My computer is running the Windows XP on it. My problem is that whenever I try to launch the Acrobat. It just shows me the message which says “Cannot launch Acrobat”. I am not able to understand that what the problem with this is and how can it solved. I have already tried all the things for this but all that was just waste of time. So if you have any idea or any suggestion for this then please let me know about that. I will be really thankful for all the replies.
    Maybe your computer is already been infected by virus.

Try to install good internet security and clean up all your files. If this suggestion will not work just go to an expert and hope they can help you.