Thread: Transfer Add & Contact Files from Outlook Express to Outlook in Win 7

Transfer Add & Contact Files from Outlook Express to Outlook in Win 7

I have built a new computer and installed Windows 7. I was using Outlook Express 6 on the old computer. I am using Outlook on the new computer.

I saved my address book as a .csv file and was able to import it to Outlook Express. I did File/Import and Export\Import from another Program\Comma Separated Values(Windows)\ Navigated to the file. Made my choices. Chose the address book as destination folder and followed the rest of the directions.

Not so easy with the address files and folders.
    I have tried the import option on the menu in Outlook that indicates from Outlook Express but I get a popup that reads: "No internet accounts were found to import". If I click the ok button I get a message asking if I want to import from Outlook Express... If I click ok it runs something then dissapears without doing anything that I can determine.

I have saved all of my folder structure and messages (or so I think I have; it looks like they're all there based on the names and volume) from my user account on the old computer and I have all of this on a mobile hard drive.

1. Can I use these files to import my address book and message file structure and messages to Outlook?
    2. If so, where are the Outlook files located? AND/OR
    3. What do I do with the Outlook Express files to get them usable in Outlook?
    2. If the Outlook Express files are not compatible, how do I do this?

Is there a good geek out there that can help, PLEEEEZE? My head hurts from trying so many things.

Sincerely,
    GrafinLupus
    Last edited by GrafinLupus; 28-03-2011 at 08:29 PM. Reason: add Signature
    GrafinLupus

Re: Transfer Add & Contact Files from Outlook Express to Outlook in Win 7

There might be many ways to do that if you search that on internet. I did a search on this and found one similar thread on same forum. They have also discussed about the same thing. Click here to take a look at that. I hope that you will get the answer from there. Thank you.