Thread: Windows Media Player unable to play this DVD on Inspiron Dell Laptop.

Windows Media Player unable to play this DVD on Inspiron Dell Laptop.

I have trouble seeing DVD in Windows Media Player Dell Inspiron laptop. I feel so far in the DVD and then playback stops and the CD / DVD starts making a noise that sounds like the DVD is well hit or catch, which has happened a two times a CD recording iTunes. I can reject the DVD and what time I do I get the error message and it says: “Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because a problem with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder and video card. Try installing an updated driver for your video”. I am using windows vista.

Re: Windows Media Player unable to play this DVD on Inspiron Dell Laptop.

I think it is such as your CD / DVD is starting to fail. Check with Dell to observe if they have a firmware update and driver CD / DVD. Uninstall your present driver you are using windows and install the update. If you're still hearing that capture sound, then you are more likely to CD / DVD is necessary to change. I hope this information will help you to solve your problem. If it solve your problem then it is better for you.

I thing I can solve your problem because I faced this kind of problem before with my laptop also and I asked to many people for the solution they not provide any proper solution. Then I make contact with laptop repairer then he solved my problem now I would like to suggest you you should make contact with any experienced repairer I am sure he will solve your problem because he faced such kind of problem daily. I hope this information will help you.\.....

The same problem had with my friend and when I read your problem then I contact to him and asked about his situation. He told me the solution. As per his recommendation I would like to told you that he also try so many tips to solve his problem but he could not solved the problem, but when he changed his CD/ DVD driver then he got solution. So I think you have to change your driver but before changing it try for up gradation. If it will help you then it ok.

amitaraja Guest

The best method is to use k-lite Codec player or to use VLC player.........if u don't want to use this ......kindly reinstall your Window media player by
    Last edited by amitaraja; 25-03-2011 at 03:23 PM. Reason: some text was missing