Thread: Where is "Capture from video device" Option in Windows 7 Movie Maker

Where is "Capture from video device" Option in Windows 7 Movie Maker

Well I have installed Windows 7 on the computer of mine. as the title suggest what I am going to ask over here. I am repeating again that Movie Maker in Windows 7 is having an option to capture from the video device. I know that this particular option is not available in Windows Vista and Windows XP. let me know if you are having any idea regarding that particular issue would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

re: Where is "Capture from video device" Option in Windows 7 Movie Maker

Well for your kind information Windows 7 doesn’t include Movie Maker in the Operating System itself. You need to download and install Windows Movie Maker manually on the computer of yours. You can get this particular application software from the official website of the Windows Live. You can also use the software which are come along with the webcam in order to capture the Video and import the same to the Windows Movie Maker for doing editing and enhancements. In case that particular software is not available then you can get such software from the internet.

Video Acquire Wizard in the Windows Live Suite is the by default tool to import things to Windows 7. Whenever you have plugged the camcorder and simply turned in to VCR mode it will prompt that it has begin with the importing process. File type would be DA-AVI. Once the import session has been finished Photo Gallery will launch in the screen automatically and simply provide the thumbnail for the new clip which you have created. You need to use Windows Live Photo Gallery for the purpose of Collection library.

I have seen following changes in the wording option which have been changed in to different version of the Windows Movie Maker whenever you are trying to get the video from the camcorder to the computer of yours. I am posting all the things which I have seen.
    • Record -Movie Maker 1
    • Capture-Movie Maker 2.1
    • Import- Windows Vista version of Movie Maker 6
    • Import- Windows Live Video Acquire Wizard

You know that most of the laptops are having built in webcam. There are large number of variety is available for the Webcam. I let you know that both the Microsoft as well as Logitech is providing great webcam models. You can use the external webcam for the USB connection which asks the compatible with all the computers. You need to check the USB version to get the compatibility of the computer of yours.

You can use the following thing which you can apply to capture from the video.
    • You have to see that Digital Camera or memory card reader is turned on and it is connected to the computer.
    • You have to launch the Windows Live Photo Gallery. Click on the Home button and go for Import Photo.
    • From the Import Photos and Videos and choose the device which you wanted to use and click on the import button
    • You can click on the More Options and choose the Option which you wanted to use such as saving the file to the preferred location or save the file in to appropriate format.