Thread: Is there incompatibility between Logitech QuickCam 8.4.6 and Skype 5

Is there incompatibility between Logitech QuickCam 8.4.6 and Skype 5

For some time I have gladly used my webcam in concurrence with Skype, but from the time when the latest version of Skype was downloaded a few of days ago, Skype Video is only updated several times per minute, and suddenly the mouse is moved . It is as if Skype video + is extremely CPU overhead. By contrast, in the QuickCam software, I still have a picture perfect video. In my wife's computer, the same webcam works well with Skype, so there must be some software incompatibility - only I cannot find. Does anyone have a suggestion? A friend told me I should buy another Logitech webcam, but I refuse to do so, if it also suffers from the same incompatibility with Skype. Could it be problem with the Skype software version 5.1.0.104 that I downloaded? I am running a Windows XP OS with all SP updates.

Re: Is there incompatibility between Logitech QuickCam 8.4.6 and Skype 5

Windows version, and most people are still running Windows, inevitably many of my correspondents do not want too much hassle to run effective VoIP and video conferencing. In short, three possible solutions: changing friends and family, forcing them to switch to free systems, or adapt to their system. I chose the latter option (the simplest alas). So we use Skype to communicate, but my old Logitech Quickcam Messenger hitherto refused to work with Skype. It is a recurring problem that I have seen on various forums. Given a few more I came across this post which offers a solution. So in summary it is a trick to divert the stream video to be visible with Skype and it works. The procedure is quite simple, first look for the sources at the site of Mrk . Then in a terminal it does:

• tar xzf skype_video_hijacker-0.1.tgz
    • skype_video_hijacker cd-0.1
    • make
    • make install

When I launched the program with the command

• skype_video_hijacker

I obtained a sight actually video in skype options. Quite annoying nonetheless. The solution I found was to apply a simple filter with the following command:

Code:
    skype_video_hijacker v4lsrc device = / dev/video0! ffmpegcolorspace
    Now video works flawlessly.

The launch of Skype should no longer go through the menu but the command skype_video_hijacker v4lsrc device = / dev/video0! ffmpegcolorspace this rather impractical. Changing the menu shortcuts to avoid having to type this command all the time. Go to System> Preference> Main Menu. Then in the menu slecetionner Internet and make a Right click on Skype and click Properties. Finally change the command by skype skype_video_hijacker v4lsrc device = / dev/video0! ffmpegcolorspace. That now you have the old video with your webcam and Skype.

Skype is a software program that lets users to construct phone calls over the Internet, also known as Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP). Skype also lets users to construct video calls to Skype users without Skype and webcam chats. Logitech is a foremost producer of computer, but are fit known for their webcams. Sometimes your Logitech QuickCam and Skype cannot answer does not recognize the webcam or vice versa. You may need to take check your webcam and Skype software to solve these problems.

First of all start the Logitech QuickCam Webcam or software on your computer. Ensure you notice the Logitech Webcam software window. Close the window and Sign Skype. Click the Tools menu and select "Options." Click "Video Settings", check "Enable Skype Video" and "Start my video automatically when I'm in a so-called" boxes. Choose Logitech QuickCam from the drop-down list. Your webcam video screen appears soon in the Window. Now click on an "Audio Settings" if your QuickCam includes a built-in microphone and choose Mice from the drop-down. Select the checkbox for "Let Skype adjusts my audio settings" placed in the "Audio Settings" for Skype recognizes your microphone. Now "Save" all the settings for audio and video. Skype closes the options menu.