Thread: IE and messenger not responding

IE and messenger not responding

I have installed the MSN messenger in my computer and it was running fine till last week but after that it started showing me many problems with that. Last Sunday, when I clicked on the icon for the MSN messenger that was on the desktop of my computer then nothing happened. It was not able to pop up as it usually does. On the same day when I try to check my hotmail account then it freezes my browser. I am using the Internet Explorer 8 in my case. I cannot understand that what is the problem with this and how can I solve the problem. It will be really helpful for me if anyone of you can just help me to solve the problem.

Re: IE and messenger not responding

There might be some problem with the messenger that is installed in your computer and so you are facing the problems like this. It is possible that some of the installed file of that is corrupted. So my suggestion to you is to install that once again in your computer and hen see if that is able to solve the problem for you. Same situation can be there for the Internet Explorer as well. So you can also install it again. So in short, reinstallation can solve the problem for you.

Well I believe that this is the ordinary trouble by means of the users who are having the windows live messenger and to resolve it you will have to remove the folder named as MSN Messenger since it is creating the problem for you and to remove the folder you be obliged to go through the below given steps:
    1. Go to start and choose RUN
    2. After that type "regedit" within the box and click on OK
    3. Afterward you ought to open "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger".
    4. And after that you will locate the folder as MSN Messenger within it then you must delete it.

You have not mentioned about the operating system that you are having installed in your computer and so it is a bit difficult to answer for this question. But anyway, if you are having the Windows 7 on your computer then you can see the below mentioned thread. They have discussed about the same problem but that is for the Windows 7. Go through the suggestions posted there and see if that can help you. I wish that you can get some idea from there.
    Windows Live messenger 2011 is not responding in windows 7

You can remove Java.Bytever.A and its associated files. Start Windows in Safe Mode by pressing F8 when Windows begins to boot. Start the Web browser and point to Trend Micro HouseCall and follow the onscreen instructions. When it finds a virus, click the Clean button to remove it. (That HouseCall check your entire system, because Java.Bytever.A works with other types of malware may be several infected files.) Once done, restart your computer and return to the System Restore window to re-enable this feature.