Thread: Windows 7 Media Center changes system resolution

Windows 7 Media Center changes system resolution

I am having a Dell latitude laptop, which I recently upgrade into windows 7 OS, I mainly using this system for internet access like for some of the official purpose and sometimes to stream online videos with eth help of media center. Now the problem is with that media center. This is changing the resolution of my laptop screen. when i open the windows 7 media center I set the resolution on 1920X1080, where as my desktop resolution is 1440X900, this is running fine when I am accessing the media center but right after exit from there the desktop resolution changes to 1920X1080, anyone having any idea on this or any trick to resolve this?

Re: Windows 7 Media Center changes system resolution

As per my opinion I would like to suggest you to set your laptop screen resolution as 1920X1080 and don’t change the resolution of windows 7 media center resolution. I think the problem is the resolution that you set in your system is not fixed or not configured properly with the graphical interface that you are using, try this, I was also facing relevant type of problem but after tried this the problem was finished, the resolution is set as per my requirement.

The problem might also be occurring for the media center, the resolution that you set into your system might be changing for the media center, so for this I recommend you to try once to start your system in safe mode, if there also the similar issue is occurring then simply go for the reinstall the media center. In some of the cases I found these type of problems is occurred for the media center, for the reinstallation first of all remove the existing one and also remove the other contained files of the media center from the hard drive, now take the fresh installation, I hope this will somehow help you overcome from the problem that you mentioned in your post.

As per my knowledge regarding these type of problem, it should be occurring for the graphical interface, make sure that the interface is properly set in your system, along with the media center is using the correct resolution as per the graphical interface of your system. Apart from that if you are using any high definition graphics card then reset the graphics setting with the 3D option; this will allow you to manage the optimum resolution of the system with any such graphics program or any visual effect those are applied in your system.

I would like to suggest you to go for the "clean boot process", if there is any other program is creating problem with the start up of media center, or causing for automatic change of the desktop resolution with the media center then by this process it will figure out and then you will be able to resolve this issue. Check the compatibly of the ,media center version that you are using in your system, for this right click on the launch icon of the media center from installed folder or from the start menu, now click on properties and choose the compatibility option, look for the resolution and other settings with the graphical interface. If you will found any issue there than simply update the version or go for the desire one which is compatible with the OS platform and also with the graphical interface.

As per my opinion the problem might be happening for the windows version of your machine, for that I recommend you one process try with this, though I was also facing relevant type of problem in my system with some of the few selected applications, the media center was one of them, whenever I open that one to stream video files, it works fine but after close the application, in the desktop screen a pop up error message appears like the application is encountered a problem, and if I attempt to open this second time, it also appears the same message, I need to reboot the system to open the media center again , I was though that the problems was occurring for the graphics driver, and I simply reload the driver, but the problem was happening for the start up program. Repair the start up of oyur system from the BIOS setting window, if there is similar issue is occurring in your system then this process will surely help you to overcome.

According to me, I would like to recommend you to reload the graphics driver from your system, for that run the driver installation program, at the beginning it will ask you to remove the existing one, go for this, along with also remove other driver contained files from your hard drive. Now proceed for the fresh installation. I think the problem i occurring for the graphical interface, and by this technique it will be resolved. I was also facing relevant issue, and after a long search on this I was found this, I applied and the problem was solved.

As per my opinion I also think that the problem that you mentioned in your post is imply occurring for the media center, for that I recommend you to download the latest version from the developer web site and replace with the existing one, it can be issued for the earlier version. try this, if this does not help you then simply it is for the graphics setting, change the setting, also would like suggest you to update the driver firmware version. if the problems I with the graphics driver or the optimum resolution then this will surely help you to resolve the issue.