Thread: windows media enter freezes after going to video center

windows media enter freezes after going to video center

I am facing a problem in my windows 7 compatible HP Compaq Presario laptop; I installed almost all of the windows default applications. And along with this I am having an Xbox. The problem is I am not able to run the media center properly with the Xbox also with my system. and this happening only when I proceed to the video section. The media center crashes and freezes in the video section. What should I do now? Is there anyone having any idea on this problem?

Re: windows media enter freezes after going to video center

Remove the xbox, and the start your system in safe mode, and in that mode start the media center. Check whether the problem is occurring or not. Might be the problem is in the xbox, and I hope without the xbox the system will run perfectly in your system. I was also facing similar type of problem; this was also not run properly with the xbox, then I check for the solution and found that the problem is occurring for the Xbox, so go for the solution for the xbox. Check this.

I would like to recommend you to go for reload the media center. Proceed to the program and features under control panel and from the drop down list click on the application name and choose remove option. Wait till the process completes, along with this remove the other installed files those are stored into the windows temporary folder and in the registry editor. Now go for the fresh installation, and reset the media center in your system. I hope this will help you to overcome from the problem.

Turn off the Windows features, enter to the Media category under media center, and from there uncheck Windows Media Center, press on and reboot your system. i was also facing relevant type of problem, after that I searched almost everywhere for the solution, and applied many of them, but nothing was helped me. Then I got this very simple solution, I applied and simply resolved the solution. The solution is a very basic trick, I suggest you to try with this process, I hope this will surely help you to overcome from the problem.

I am also facing a problem with the media center in my windows vista PC. This was running fine till the also date, but suddenly, it crashes an freezes whenever I open eth media center. I checked on the safe mood, but there also the same problem occurred, after that I also tried by eth reload process, this also not help me. Now I am looking for the alternative of the media enter. Is there anyone having any information about this? Any information regarding the alternative of media center will be helpful for me.

XBMC is considered as the best alternative of media center. This perfectly manages all types of files, with the exception of Blu-ray and Blu-ray rips. It is also able to retrieve cover art, fan art and information films. XBMC Media Center (specially known as the "XBox Media Center") is a multimedia entertainment center platform under the GNU / GPL. It was initially created for the first generation Xbox game console; there is also a Live CD boot version refers to "XBMC Live" which is also fully installable on USB flash drive or hard disk drive with an embedded operating system based on Linux. XBMC supports a wide range of multimedia formats, and comprise features such as playlists, audio visualizations, slideshow, etc. XBMC can play most audio and video layout and display images from virtually any source, including CD, DVD, mass storage devices, Internet and LAN sharing.

SageTV designed for Browse, search and watch all the newest streaming video from Google Video Including movie trailers, TV shows, music tape and many more. You can watch multiple shows along with this also if needed then also record the TV program. You can easily configure this with the Xbox and play the game with this media center. So I recommend you to go for this media center. As per my opinion this is the best windows media center alternative.