Thread: Converter to convert 2D video to 3D

Converter to convert 2D video to 3D

I have recently bought a 3D television am just loving the experience of watching movies on it. And playing games on it is even more exciting. Last night I was trying to play some 2d videos onto the 3d TV but was not able to play them. So I just want to know whether there is an application or a converter which could convert the 2d videos that I have to a 3d format so that I can watch them on my new 3D TV. I am awaiting your response, Thank you!

Re: Converter to convert 2D video to 3D

I am not a tech guy and neither do I have much information about the converters that you need for the conversion of 2d video to 3d video. But I think that there are certain 3D television which includes an built in sort of device or something which helped in the conversion of 2D to 3D videos. 3D televisions like the Samsung, LG and Sony have this kind of conversion tool included in their 3dTelevision. So just check out whether your 3D television has this tool or not.

I would suggest you an application called the 3Dfier DirectShow filter. This application allows you to can alter standard 2D video files into a more like stereoscopic 3D video and that to real time and have to admit that it gives awesome results. The application works with the well known media players and provides support for a wide range of video formats. If you want you can try and download the trial version of this application and see it for yourself the results that it produces.

The 3D TV that you may have purchased recently would not include the in-built function of 2D to 3D conversion. Thus in such case you can make use of the application called the “3Dfier DirectShow filter” so as to convert the 2D video files into 3D video files. Most of the 3D TVs include a 3D button on their remote controls, with the help of which you can turn video into frame sequential format. But one thing that you should take into account is that to make use of either the “media player classic” or the “stereoscopic player” and try setting the output format to “side by side” and play your video in full screen mode.

You can even try using the MakeMe3D application which automatically converts the present 2D videos into the 3D video format. What is more important in watching a movie is the 3D effect, and this application really provides great 3D results. This application is very simple to work with. Using this application you can import of 2D videos and even provides support formats like video dvd, avi, wmv, mp4, 3gp, mpg, etc. The application has the ability to store the converted 3D videos in file formats like avi, mpg, mp4 and wmv.

I would recommend the Movavi video converter 3D for the conversion of 2d videos to 3d. I am satisfied with this application and have not got any problems whatsoever. Some of its striking features are as follows :
    - It automatically converts from 2D formats to 3D .
    - Using this application you can instantly preview the 3D output.
    - It provides support for HD video.
    - It is loaded with features like the polarized glasses, along with shutter technology, and it even has anaglyph 3d glasses.
    - It even has the ability of automatically adjusting the brightness.